cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristoffBotes
Level: Powered On

How to identify PowerApps Plan

Hello all,

I just registered a subscription for "Office 365 Enterprise E3 Developer" to learn PowerApps (and later also some more SharePoint and FLow etc.).

I'm following PowerApps turorials but my stuff looks different than in the tutorials.

I guess my question is:

• Which PowerApps plan comes with the E3 Developer subscription?
  • Irrespective of the above answer, where do I look to see the plan I'm on?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: How to identify PowerApps Plan

Here is a link to the pricing plan page. Look under "compare plan"s and you will see the plan for O365. Be aware that if the tutorials look a little different it is most likely because the tutorial are several months old. Updates to PowerApps come out at least monthly, so things are constantly changing (for the better).

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
ChristoffBotes

Hi

Thank you.

I can see in the comparison that there are 3 plans available.

My question was:  how do I know which one of them I have? 

Super User
Super User

I would assume you are on the Office 365 plan based on the O365 E3 Developer license. No matter what plan you are on the studio should look the same. I have an O365 plan and I can do every in the videos except for Common Data Service and some premium connectors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
ChristoffBotes

Hi

Thanks.

Agreed but I need to know which plan still.   To my knowledge, there's Plan 1 and Plan 2.

I don't want to assume.  I want to know, where can I actually see what plan I'm on?

Microsoft surely wouldn't create subscriptions where a subscriber is unable to verify the plan they're on right.

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ChristoffBotes

To check the plan open PowerApps, click gear icon, click Plan(s) it will show which plan you are on.

2.png

BTW you are on PowerApps for Office 365 plan and not on Plan 1 or Plan 2.

There are in total 3 plans:

1. PowerApps for Office 365 (least amount of connections but comes free with enterprise office 365 subscription for all users)

2. Plan 1 (all the premium connections, if the app has any premium connection all users must be Plan 1 not just developer)

3. Plan 2 (same as Plan 1 but for developers, comes with additional tools to model CDS and ability to see analytics for your apps)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 269 members 4,244 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: