cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidhartha75
Level 8

How to use BrowseGallery in Desktop/Tablet Mode??

Hi Friends,

How to use BrowseGallery in Desktop/Tablet Mode?? as this template is available for only Mobile mode.

While developing Desktop mode PowerApps, I am looking BowsGallery for DisplayScreen where I can make Searching capability just like Mobile Mode. But I am only seeing 4 types of templates except BrowseGallery.

Do I need to plug in anything or any setting to get this BrowseGallery template?? Please help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to use BrowseGallery in Desktop/Tablet Mode??

Hi Sidhartha75,

Do you want to create an app in Tablet layout?
When creating an app in Tablet layout, there are four Layout can be selected, but the sample layouts are not available to Search/Filter items. While you want to Search/Filter items just like a Phone layout.
If I misunderstand you, please feel free correct me.

you could make Search capability available by configuring the Table layout.

Hope what I have done could be a reference for you:
1. Create an app from Blank with Table layout. Then select a layout. I used the second one “Browse items, thumbnail image, header and description”.
2. Then add a data source to SharePoint list, say ListB.
3. Add a Text input control above the Gallery control.
4. Set the Item property of the Gallery as Search(ListB,TextInput1.Text,"Title"). Then the search items would be shown on the app.

1.png

Hope I understand you correctly. You could configure the sample layout as whatever you want. Please try it on your side and let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jlarsen81
Level: Powered On

Under the Insert tab, you should see Gallery, which will give you the templates for the BrowseGallery.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Sidhartha75

There is no different between Mobile or Tablet/DeskTopMode, except the Layout.

All stay unchanged.

You can insert whatever Gallery and modify as you wish.

Either purely image, text or image with caption or text. You can always modify later by clicking on the "Pen mode" on the gallery's Top Left Corner and insert whatever you want, such as:

- TextBox

- TextInput

- Imges

- Date, Slider, Checkbox,....

Hope this helps and Have a nice day.

Screenshot (516).pngInsert any Gallery you wish

hpkeong
Sidhartha75
Level 8

Hi @hpkeong

For mobile mode I can see 1o different types of Gallery defined at right side layout section. But I am not seeing all layouts form Desktop mode gallery. I am seeing only 4 types including plain one.

for mobile layout, I am seeing default Search area in the Gallery. But we need to customize in desktop layout. If I choose to customize desktop gallery, where I will get search text box??

How can I get Gallery in Desktop mode with layout like Mobile having Searching Capabilities??

Super User
Super User

Hi @Sidhartha75

OK. Understand.

Please goto File, AppSetting, Screen Size & Orientation..choose Orientation Landscape.

Please remember to Apply (right bottom corner side).

Hope this helps.

Screenshot (517).png

hpkeong
Sidhartha75
Level 8

My question is not to change orientation of Mobile version app. Smiley Happy

Actually I am looking for Desktop Template app using Searching Layout which will help me to using in BrowseScreen. I am able to use BrowseGallery with SearchTextBox default feature. Please see these Gallery layouts for mobile screen at below.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/add-gallery/

how Can I use these similar layouts in Desktop layouts?? Hope you can get my quesiton now.

Super User
Super User

Hi

I am not really sure what do you mean then,

Landscape layout is closed to Tablet/Desktop Layout and Search Mode is maintained as Mobile when you change layout.

I did not screenshot everything but just share the idea. Since you are not sure, I screenshot again another screen with Search Mode.

If still not what you want, then i might have providing a wrong guidance and sorry for not able to help.

Do awiting PG Staff to assist.

TQ

Screenshot (518).pngSearch Mode is definitely there...

hpkeong
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Sidhartha75,

Do you want to create an app in Tablet layout?
When creating an app in Tablet layout, there are four Layout can be selected, but the sample layouts are not available to Search/Filter items. While you want to Search/Filter items just like a Phone layout.
If I misunderstand you, please feel free correct me.

you could make Search capability available by configuring the Table layout.

Hope what I have done could be a reference for you:
1. Create an app from Blank with Table layout. Then select a layout. I used the second one “Browse items, thumbnail image, header and description”.
2. Then add a data source to SharePoint list, say ListB.
3. Add a Text input control above the Gallery control.
4. Set the Item property of the Gallery as Search(ListB,TextInput1.Text,"Title"). Then the search items would be shown on the app.

1.png

Hope I understand you correctly. You could configure the sample layout as whatever you want. Please try it on your side and let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 379 members 4,491 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: