cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anastasiia
Level: Powered On

Import picture from Power Apps to the NAV table

Hello,

I need to import picture from Power Apps to the NAV, but it does not see Picture field in the NAV table. How can I solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Import picture from Power Apps to the NAV table

Hi @Anastasiia ,

Yeah, currently within PowerApps, there is no direct solution to upload pictures captured from a canvas app to your D365 NAV table.

If you would like this feature to be added, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
6 REPLIES 6
jhall
Level 8

Might need to be more specific.  I'm assuming you're wanting some photo that was taken via PowerApps (e.g. Camera on end-user's device) to then get populated into Dynamics in some way?  At least I'm guessing that's what you mean by NAV.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anastasiia ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to upload pictures captured from PowerApps app to your D365 NAV table?

If you  want to upload pictures captured from PowerApps app to your D365 NAV table, I afraid that there is no direct way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Since NAV stores images in MediaSet/Media type, we cannot pass them (images) through Odata webservices (which is what the Dynamics NAV Connector uses).

As an alternative solution, you could consider convert NAV images to base64 and send them to image storage service. Capture the direct link of the images and store them in a field on Item table. Pass that field to PowerApp through Odata. PowerApp will then recognize the image URL and display the images.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://www.ctrlshiftf4.com/2017/09/10/build-a-powerapp-add-images-part2/

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anastasiia

@jhall 

Sorry, I thought that it is clear. But yes, you are absolutely right. I am taking photo with camera in Power Apps on end-user's device and I want to store it in Dynamics NAV Table as a picture.

Anastasiia

@v-xida-msft  

Yes, I want to upload pictures captured from PowerApps app to your D365 NAV table.

Alternativ solution you purposed is vise versa I need in my case. I did that one but I can not make it work in another direction.

So, as I understood for now there is no opportunity to upload pictures captured from PowerApps app to your D365 NAV table?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anastasiia ,

Yeah, currently within PowerApps, there is no direct solution to upload pictures captured from a canvas app to your D365 NAV table.

If you would like this feature to be added, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Anastasiia

@v-xida-msft 

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 410 members 5,085 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: