cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OopsMyApps
Level: Powered On

Is it possible to use "assigned access" Kiosk feature with PowerApps's apps?

Our company will like to designated some PC for Kiosk use with for customer feedback. We had use Project Siena native app to create a welcome app before however we want to transition to PowerApps. Is this possible with the current PowerApps's app or is it a feature coming soon? 

Thanks,

JO

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff AndyPennell
PowerApps Staff

Re: Is it possible to use "assigned access" Kiosk feature with PowerApps's apps?

Hmm, actually thinking about this a bit more, its probably not going to work for you. Project Siena generated real installable Windows apps, but PowerApps generates apps that have to be loaded by a Player. I guess you could make PowerApps load as a Kiosk-app, and then load the generated app into that, but its hardly the auto-running bullet-proof solution that you need for a kiosk. There is also the problem of the user being in the correct AAD forest.

TL;DR: No, Kiosk-style apps are not [currently] feasible with PowerApps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Perumal
Level 10

Re: Is it possible to use "assigned access" Kiosk feature with PowerApps's apps?

I have not worked in Project Siena. Are you trying to show a welcome screen in your app?, if you so check the below thread.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Welcome-Screen-timeout/m-p/8666#M3820

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi JO,

As far as I know, Assigned access is a feature on Win10 that allows you to create a lockdown environment that lets users interact with only one app when they sign into a specified account. Detailed information:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/set-up-a-kiosk-for-windows-10-for-desktop-e...

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-assigned-access-windows-10

So I think as long as you are using Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Education, Windows 10 Mobile, or Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise, you can always use "assigned access" Kiosk feature with PowerApps Studio. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff

A PowerApp should work as a Kiosk-app in Windows 8.1, though we do not explicitly test this combination. YMMV.

A PowerApp will NOT work as a Kiosk-app in Windows 10 as the requirements are very different, and not supported.

PowerApps Staff

Hmm, actually thinking about this a bit more, its probably not going to work for you. Project Siena generated real installable Windows apps, but PowerApps generates apps that have to be loaded by a Player. I guess you could make PowerApps load as a Kiosk-app, and then load the generated app into that, but its hardly the auto-running bullet-proof solution that you need for a kiosk. There is also the problem of the user being in the correct AAD forest.

TL;DR: No, Kiosk-style apps are not [currently] feasible with PowerApps.

View solution in original post

OopsMyApps

Thank you all for your reply. 

Andy, can this be a suggestion for a similar future feature forPowerApps? I see being useful as many business might produce a survey app and have multiple users using it on one tablet.

I did a trial run running on a Surface Pro 3 running PowerApps as a assigned access apps and it was good for our needs until the swiping down (or right click with mouse/kb) to exit selected apps came into play. Is there a way a temprorary way to disable swipe down? 

Thanks again!

PowerApps Staff

If you would like this to be considered for a future version, please add it to the Power Apps Ideas section of the forum. Thank you.

Regarding swiping down, I'm not sure I understand the question. (Plus its been quite a long time since I played with a Kiosk-mode app, but I didnt think you could exit a Kiosk-app).

helprobert

its 2019, is this still the case? I can get the kiosk software to open and run the power app fine if every time the session ended it didnt require another login (and at startup) to the office.com servers.  is there any way to circumvent that or pass user/pw in the url some how? im using win 10 and have tried connecting to a work/school account and saving the pw through the browser, clicked yes reduce sign in time, etc but nothing seems to do the trick of keeping it signed in.

ITACDan

I have the same needs as helprobert here - anyone anywhere have suggestions? helprobert did you find a workaround?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 185 members 4,864 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: