cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gog
Level: Powered On

Is there a TIME PICKER?

After 2 days googling and searching at this forum I am still lost.

I have a datepicker that I use for filtering my results. The results' datasource is the Case entity at the CDS. Right now that field is of the type "Date" and NOT "DateTime".

My questions is, I really want it to have a time specified per each case so our support workers can filter their upcoing case byt BOTH date and time. Please help me how to insert this function on the EDIT CASE screen and together with the datepicker in the filter screen.

Thank you

Best regards
Goog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Is there a TIME PICKER?

Currently PowerApps doesn't have a time picker (or a date and time picker) - feel free to vote for some of the current feature requests in the PowerApps Ideas board for that to increase the priority for the team.

For now, you can use a pair of dropdown controls (Hour and Minute) to let the users specify the time. They will have their Items property defined as such:

DropdownHour.Items: ["00","01","02",...,"22","23"]
DropdownMinute.Items: ["00","01","02",...,"58","59"]

If you don't want that granularity for minutes, you can also have only certain values, such as ["00", "05", "10", ..., "50", "55"]. If you want to create a Time value from those controls, you can use the expression

Time(
    Value(DropdownHour.Selected.Value),
    Value(DropdownMinute.Selected.Value),
    0)

Or if you have a date picker and you want to create a date/time value (which you then can use to compare against date/time columns):

DatePickerDate1.SelectedDate +
Time(
    0)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Is there a TIME PICKER?

Currently PowerApps doesn't have a time picker (or a date and time picker) - feel free to vote for some of the current feature requests in the PowerApps Ideas board for that to increase the priority for the team.

For now, you can use a pair of dropdown controls (Hour and Minute) to let the users specify the time. They will have their Items property defined as such:

DropdownHour.Items: ["00","01","02",...,"22","23"]
DropdownMinute.Items: ["00","01","02",...,"58","59"]

If you don't want that granularity for minutes, you can also have only certain values, such as ["00", "05", "10", ..., "50", "55"]. If you want to create a Time value from those controls, you can use the expression

Time(
    0)

Or if you have a date picker and you want to create a date/time value (which you then can use to compare against date/time columns):

DatePickerDate1.SelectedDate +
Time(
    0)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 363 members 4,508 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: