cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WilliamVingaard
Level: Powered On

Issue with classic mode and PowerApps

I am facing an issue with all our customers tenants, where switching to classic SharePoint suddenly also reverts the form to a classic form, so all form logic can be bypassed. How it used to work, was that if the form wasnt customized in classic, then it would still use the PowerApps custom form, even after switching to classic. This has worked up until recently.
This was implemented in 2018 https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/PowerApps-Custom-Form-working-with-classic-exper...

Just confirmed that it is also the case for newly created forms. This renders the custom form close to useless, as form logic can be bypassed so easily by the user. Was this an intended change?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 8

Re: Issue with classic mode and PowerApps

Hi @WilliamVingaard ,

I have made a test on my side, it is true that sharepoint classic mode don't support customize powerapps form now.

Though I can't find any feature update from PowerApps docs and blogs that customize form is supported in SP classic mode, except that idea. 

Anyway, as you said, the customize form would be useless for users if nothing to change.

So can you keep submitting the current situation and your suggestion to PowerApps Ideas Forum, or follow up that idea?

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Level 8

Hi @WilliamVingaard ,

I have made a test on my side, it is true that sharepoint classic mode don't support customize powerapps form now.

Though I can't find any feature update from PowerApps docs and blogs that customize form is supported in SP classic mode, except that idea. 

Anyway, as you said, the customize form would be useless for users if nothing to change.

So can you keep submitting the current situation and your suggestion to PowerApps Ideas Forum, or follow up that idea?

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

WilliamVingaard

Yes, I have posted my finding in the idea thread now.

WilliamVingaard

Why was this marked as a solution? Only solution i can think of is to enable mamagement of content types and set all fields to hidden.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 74 members 3,811 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: