cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with dates on form

Hi Guys, please help me, this is very frustrating and also i cant understand the issue.

I have 4 columns in a excel table, with format date "dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM"

My form has the 4 columns to fill.issuepowerapps.PNG

The problem is that everytime, when someone fills the 3 column (ITS JUST THE THIRD COLUMN), the format just mess up, and I dont know why, and this sometimes cause the form to show an error on submit and then i am losing so many registries because of this issue, I am leaving on vacation by now and I need to fix this weekend, my team are using this form 24/7!! :'(

I am considering moving up the data to a sharepoint list to solve this issue if I would not be able to fix it...

Thanks for any help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issue with dates on form

Hi @Anonymous,

Which data type of the Prev column within your Excel table?

Could you please share a bit more about the value that you provided for the Prev column within your app?

Based on the second screenshot that you provided, the error message seems to tell that there is something wrong with the value that you provided for the Prev column of your Excel table. The Prev column is required to provide a string value.

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Please check if you have provided a proper value for the Prev column of your Excel table within your app.

In addition, you could also consider take a try to convert the date value that you provided for the Prev column into the date format that you specified for the Prev column of your Excel table using Text function:

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm")

and then save the form data into your Excel table using Patch function instead of SubmitForm function (Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following formula):

Patch(
ExcelTable,
Defaults(ExcelTable),
{
Prev:Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm"),
}
)

Note: The DatePicker1 represents the Date picker control that you use to provide a value for the Prev column within your Edit form.

If you use a Text input control to provide a value for the Prev column of your Excel table within your Edit form, please take a try with the following formula within the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button:

Patch(
ExcelTable,
Defaults(ExcelTable),
{
Prev:Text(DateTimeValue(DataCardValue3.Text),"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm"),
}
)

Note: The DataCardValue3 represents the Text input control that you use to provide a value for the Prev column.

More details about the Patch function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Patch function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

issue2.png

issue when trying to submit sometimes, now this field did not fill on the excel table

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Which data type of the Prev column within your Excel table?

Could you please share a bit more about the value that you provided for the Prev column within your app?

Based on the second screenshot that you provided, the error message seems to tell that there is something wrong with the value that you provided for the Prev column of your Excel table. The Prev column is required to provide a string value.

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Please check if you have provided a proper value for the Prev column of your Excel table within your app.

In addition, you could also consider take a try to convert the date value that you provided for the Prev column into the date format that you specified for the Prev column of your Excel table using Text function:

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm")

and then save the form data into your Excel table using Patch function instead of SubmitForm function (Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following formula):

Patch(
ExcelTable,
Defaults(ExcelTable),
{
Prev:Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm"),
}
)

Note: The DatePicker1 represents the Date picker control that you use to provide a value for the Prev column within your Edit form.

If you use a Text input control to provide a value for the Prev column of your Excel table within your Edit form, please take a try with the following formula within the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button:

Patch(
ExcelTable,
Defaults(ExcelTable),
{
Prev:Text(DateTimeValue(DataCardValue3.Text),"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm"),
}
)

Note: The DataCardValue3 represents the Text input control that you use to provide a value for the Prev column.

More details about the Patch function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Patch function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 94 members 3,034 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: