Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dzemiol
Level: Powered On

Issue with updating Flow with new parameters

Hi,

There is a problem when modifying an already used Flow. If the modification is adding or removing parameters for the flow there is no way to "Refresh" the Flow in PowerApps. The only way is to remove the Flow from PowerApp completely and add it back again. But this process does not work when you changed the Flow name during import of the PowerApp.
Here is an example:

My app is using a flow called CreatePOPDF. I created a copy of the app in the same tenant using export/import process. This copy is to have a dev/test environment that is separate from production version.

To distinguish both copies the dev version has "(dev/test)" string added to app and Flow names during import process. Thisa results in following Flow being listed in data sources:

Capture.JPG

This means that e.g. in "OnSelect" of the button that triggers this action it calls CreatePOPDF.Run(...) even though the actual name of this Flow is "Create PO PDF (dev/test)".

Now when I update this flow with new parameters I need to remove the flow above and and the flow again. This adds the new flow but the call to the flow changes to "'CreatePOPDF(dev/test)'.Run(...)". This makes any other calls to this Flow incompatible. Moreover the this makes my dev/test copy incompatible with my production version (flows called by different names). 

Is there a way to add a Flow the same way that import procedure does (calling the flow in the code by a different name than the actual Flow name)? Why Flow's do not have the same "Refresh" function in PowerApps as other data sources have to avoid the "Remove"->"Add again" procedure?

Regards

Marcin Jemiol

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 71 members 3,568 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: