Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stevak
Level: Powered On

Issues with responsive views

Hey there, 

I'm not sure what had changed, but suddenly responsive apps are working properly only on desktop?

before these changes everything worked perfectly, and I could easily choose what happens in different orientations, but the application on the mobile phone don;t seem to be able to recognize it beyond the base orientation.

Please help, am I missing something?

did everything according to the docummentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft Employee

Re: Issues with responsive views

Hi Stevak,

I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble with the responsive feature.

Can you give me an example what is going wrong?

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps
Stevak
Level: Powered On

Sure, before there was an option on the mobile phone to know what orientation is used, and so, Accordingly, you could write rules for full responsiveness on either smartphone, tablet or pc, but it seems now that there isn’t any reaction.

I should have mentioned before, that on the desktop it has full responsiveness, each rule makes it look just the way I wanted.

The orientation though, was very helpful, and allowed users to turn their device if it was necessary.
Or was it a bug and not a feature?
Microsoft Employee

Is the orientation changing at all in the app on mobile? If it isn't changing, then can you double check that "Lock orientation" is turned off in the App Settings? 

2019-08-06 09_53_30-ResponsiveApp - PowerApps.png

If "Lock orientation" is enabled, that would prevent orientation from changing, which might explain the issue you're seeing.

If orientation is changing but the Screen.Orientation (I assume that's the option for checking orientation you're referring to?) is not changing...then that's very interesting.

Also, try doing "Save as" and testing the new app.If that fixes your issue, that would be very interesting and helpful knowledge for me (please let me know if it does).

Also, could you get me a session id from your mobile experience where the orientation isn't working? Directions on how to find the session id can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Stevak ,

Have you turned off the "Lock orientation" option within the "Screen size + orientation" settings of App settings of your app?

If you want your Mobile App to recognize your Mobile device's orientation, please consider turn off the "Lock orientation" option within the "Screen size + orientation" settings of App settings of your app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 324 members 5,441 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: