cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMerrill
Level 8

Limitations of Flow in PowerApps

I am trying to use a flow I created in PowerApps. The flow inserts a row into an On-Premise SQL database, and then calls a Stored Procedure. The Flow works fine (it has been tested), but everytime I try to add it to my PowerApps I get the following error:

"Failed to Register Service '...'"

I have seen this in a number of posts, but no one has received a clear answer. I am convinced that PowerApps cannot handle certain flow actions. Would somebody provide me with a more detailed list of what can and cannot be done, please?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Limitations of Flow in PowerApps

Hi @AMerrill,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Do you add a "Request - Response" action within your flow to return executed result back to your app?

The user @johnmarlowe and @mokhawaja have faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following threads:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Registering-Error-when-trying-to-add-a-flow/t...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Error-on-adding-a-flow-run-SQL-query-to-power...

If you have added a "Request - Response" action within your flow, please check if you have typed proper JSON schema within the Response Body JSON schema field of the "Request - Response" action. In other words, please check if there are some columns which did not have its type defined within the JSON schema that you provided.

Please also check if you have defined a PRIMARY KEY within your SQL table.

If the issue still exists, please take a try to clear cache of your browser, then re-add flow connection within your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AMerrill
Level 8

Re: Limitations of Flow in PowerApps

It seems like the flow is working now... I have no idea why because I have not changed anything. I thought also that it could have been a permissions issue because I was using a flow that was shared with me, but, now that the flow is working, I am very confused.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 78 members 3,714 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: