Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff C_Ian_Davis
PowerApps Staff

Re: Meeting notes formatting lost in Meeting capture app

@AimsterKP:

In step #6 of my solution, I discuss the section where it says:

{Field: "{MeetingNotes}", Data: NotesInput.HtmlText}

In order to export data from both the Rich text editor and the plain text editor, you will need this line to say something like:

{Field: "{MeetingNotes}", Data: Concatenate(RichTextEditor1.HtmlText, "<br />", NotesInput.Text)}

where RichTextEditor1 is the control for your rich text notes and NotesInput is the control for your plain text notes

garysu
Level: Powered On

This is by far the most useful tool MS has produced in a long time...I am also getting the OneNote content not showing up issue but hopefully it will get fixed soon. 

It would be good if MS corrected the application that is published to use the RichText input solution above so that everyone would just get that version and people wouldn't have to dig arouhnd for the solution.

Again, love the sample app, would be good if they invested in just a little more polish.

Gary.

PowerApps Staff

Hi Gary,

Appreciate the input. We actually have plans to add the rich text editor to this app as the baseline once it makes it's way out of preview. 

Thanks,

Ian

SylvieLet17
Level 8

Thanks Ian! Appreciate it. 

Mine was never putting anything into OneNote, interestingly. Just an error message saying "Content not yet available. Sorry it looks like this page was added from another computer..." even if it is under 1875 characters. 

Thanks!

Sylvie

garysu

Yes, even with the notes being just a few characters, I still get the issue of the content not showing in OneNote with that error.

I have updated to the RichEdit control per the solution here. Everything looks good in the edit view (see Edit View.PNG) where the control anchors correctly to the Group. But when I go actual use the control within Teams, the Group appropriately resizes when I maximize the screen, but the RichText control doesn't (see When Using.PNG). 

I am not sure where to post that bug, but I hope the admins do :-)

PowerApps Staff

Hi Gary,

The sizing issue is an interesting one. One thing to try (though unsure if this will work) would be to set the width of the RichTextEditor control to NotesBanner.Width. As well, for the height, set it to Parent.Height - NotesInput.Y - 15.

Not entirely sure if that will work as none of the other controls have relatively defined spatial coordinates, yet they're still able to adjust to different frame sizes. All the same, worth a shot.

garysu

Nice suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work :-(

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Hi @garysu, do you have "Lock aspect ratio" disabled? It is a known issue that the rich text editor does not size correctly when that setting is disabled.

sandrus
Level: Power Up

Thanks.  I'm now seeing the same issue - where it doesn't finish writing to onenote.   It creates the page in the notebook - but then hangs on "loading".  I tried waiting - but it's been 24 hours.... 

2018-08-22_15-33-51.png

garysu

@tahoon...thanks, that was set to disabled, so enabling that option fixed the layout issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 91 members 3,664 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: