cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdc604
Level 8

Modern SharePoint links to View/Edit/New PowerApps full page forms?

The following links will take you to full page versions of PowerApps forms for New and Edit in modern SharePoint, which is actually very convenient:

https://TENANT.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite/Lists/mylist/NewForm.aspx?ID=1

https://TENANT.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite/Lists/mylist/EditForm.aspx?ID=1

You can also access the details view, but it goes to classic mode (no PowerApp form):

https://TENANT.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite/Lists/mylist/DispForm.aspx?ID=1

Is the reference to the aspx page wrong or is it simply not available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HaydenSinclair
Level: Powered On

Re: Modern SharePoint links to View/Edit/New PowerApps full page forms?

I have found if you click on ... > Copy Link, on your SharePoint list item, the URL will take you to the PowerApp display form.

You may have to include &pa=1 in your url to get it to open from an email triggerd by Flow or SharePoint Designer... 
example link looks like "https://sitename.sharepoint.com/sites/Form/Incidents/moeincident/DispForm.aspx?ID=1&pa=1&e=nwqLUA"

CopyLink.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Microsoft Employee

Hello bdc604,

In my case, the last link takes my to the PowerApps form (not classic mode). My form however is customized (PowerApps/Customize form menu). 

bdc604
Level 8

Hmm, same, I used PowerApps/Customize on the SharePoint toolbar to make custom new/edit/view forms for a list. Published, cleared my caches in Chrome and IE, no luck, shows classic. Its a modern communications site, not a modern team site. Would that make a difference?
Microsoft Employee

Can you please try to make a change (add a couple of new fields for example) when customizing and then publishing and clicking on "Go back to SharePoint"?

bdc604
Level 8

Was hoping some minor changes and clicking Back to SharePoint would shake something loose, no luck, tested on Communications site in IE and Chrome. Perhaps an invalid reference in SharePointIntegration? Looks pretty straight-forward, and my form names are as shown; FormNew1, FormEdit1, FormView1.

SharePointIntegration

OnNew:
Set(SharePointFormMode, "CreateForm"); NewForm(FormNew1); Navigate(ScreenNew, ScreenTransition.None)

OnEdit:
Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm"); EditForm(FormEdit1); Navigate(ScreenEdit, ScreenTransition.None)

OnView:
Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm"); ViewForm(FormView1); Navigate(ScreenView, ScreenTransition.None)

bdc604
Level 8

Are there any ‘unsupported’ SharePoint columns that would trigger this to display in classic mode? Perhaps a calculated column? If so, is there a listing of unsupported column types that would trigger using the classic display form?
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

In regards to your previous comment, can you please try avoiding the navigatino to other screens?

SharePointIntegration

OnNew:
Set(SharePointFormMode, "CreateForm"); NewForm(FormNew1); 

OnEdit:
Set(SharePointFormMode, "EditForm"); EditForm(FormEdit1); 

OnView:
Set(SharePointFormMode, "ShowForm"); ViewForm(FormView1); 

To address your question ftom the last comment, I'm not aware about any exceptions in columns that would cause the classic forms.

bdc604
Level 8

Well, that didn't solve it, still shows classic. With Navigation removed NewForm.aspx?ID=1 and EditForm.aspx?ID=1 will show the display form in full page, but still will not change for DispForm.aspx?ID=1

bdc604
Level 8

Just odd that it will display correctly as full page powerapp form by tricking it in this manner, but not with DisForm.aspx
HaydenSinclair
Level: Powered On

I have found if you click on ... > Copy Link, on your SharePoint list item, the URL will take you to the PowerApp display form.

You may have to include &pa=1 in your url to get it to open from an email triggerd by Flow or SharePoint Designer... 
example link looks like "https://sitename.sharepoint.com/sites/Form/Incidents/moeincident/DispForm.aspx?ID=1&pa=1&e=nwqLUA"

CopyLink.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 192 members 4,642 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: