cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NevilleSA
Level: Powered On

Office 365 premium Power Apps feautures

Hi there I just want to confirm our organisation has just signed up for Office 365 premium which comes with Power Apps. Does that mean we get all the features that come with Power Apps?  Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Office 365 premium Power Apps feautures

You can indeed update/read tables from on-prem SQL. Here is a guide to getting the gateway set, just in case you run into anything with that process. These forums are a great place to come if you have any questions or issues that arise with building PowerApps. All the best to you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hey @NevilleSA, welcome to PowerApps! The Office 365 license doesn't have all the features of PowerApps. There are some premium connectors that require a higher tier license and you would also not have access to multiple environments and the Common Data Service. That said, what you get in the Office 365 version is quite substantial. My company uses the Office 365 license and two years in we have yet to exceed its capabilities.

Here is a link with differences in tiers and offerings. Feel free to reply if you have any questions! I would be happy to follow up.

NevilleSA

Thanks for welcoming me wyotim ! All I need is the gateway/Power Apps to interact with my local SQL Server. I'm assuming I can do all the fun SQL stuff via power apps i.e. update/read tables, Analytics etc?

Regards

Neville

Super User
Super User

You can indeed update/read tables from on-prem SQL. Here is a guide to getting the gateway set, just in case you run into anything with that process. These forums are a great place to come if you have any questions or issues that arise with building PowerApps. All the best to you!

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @NevilleSA,

If you just only have Office 365 premium license with your Office 365 account, I afraid that you could not get all features that PowerApps supports.

More details about the features that PowerApps supports for a Office 365 premium license, please check the following article:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

If you just want to use On-premise Data Gateway to create a connection to your On-premise SQL Server, I think PowerApps could achieve your needs. But the On-premises connectivity is not available for Office 365 Business, Office 365 Enterprise E1 or Office 365 F1 SKUs license currently (More details, please check above link I provided).

More details about installing a On-premise Data Gateway, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/gateway-reference

More details about connecting to SQL Server from an app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-azure-sqldatabas...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
NevilleSA

Thanks for the reply Kris I need only to read write to my local SQL server via the gateway so like you say business premium will allow me to do just that

Regards

Neville

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 4,384 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: