Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jcarlsen
Level: Powered On

Office365.CalendarGetTables().value gives blank dropdown

Hi,

Im having trouble getting my calendar from the Office365 Outlook connector.

I have added the connector as a datasource, added a dropdown menu, and put the formula(Office365.CalendarGetTables().value) in the items field, yet i get no options from the drowndown menu and no available selections.

Here's the oddball:

When i enable the birthday calendar in the Outlook Online settings, this calendar will show up in the powerapp. As soon as i disable it(birthday calendar) again, my normal calendar is available for a few minutes, before dissapearing, and the dropdown becomes blank and no options may be selected.

Any ideas on why this happens and how it might be solved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jcarlsen

Re: Office365.CalendarGetTables().value gives blank dropdown

It has been solved. Im not sure how, but what i did was to connect to powerapps outside our office via a 4g connection and now it works. Maybe some sort of firewall issue at our office but it seems to be working as it should now. Thanks for all the help.

6 REPLIES 6
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

@Jcarlsen ,

Do you have a session id you can share when this had occurred? 

https://aka.ms/pa/sessionid

Does Office365.CalendarGetTables().value correctly show in other controls: data table, combo box, radio, etc.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jcarlsen ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the normal calendar could not show up if you turn off the "Birthday" calendar within your Outlook setting?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:1.JPG

2.JPG

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to the result the Office365.CalendarGetTables().value formula returned is not updated in real time.

As an alternative solution, I think a Timer control could fix your issue. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnStart property of the App control to following:

ClearCollect(
              CalendarCollection,
              Office365.CalendarGetTables().value
)

Add a Timer control within your app, set the Duration property to following:

Set the AutoStart property and Repeat property to following:

true

Set the OnTimerEnd property to following:

ClearCollect(
              CalendarCollection,
              Office365.CalendarGetTables().value
)

Set the Visible property to following:

false

Add a Dropdown control, set the Items property to following:

CalendarCollection

please take a try with above solution, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jcarlsen

@Mr-Dang-MSFT Thank you for your reply. The session id: c8284062-6a51-4ef8-b15d-2a6e2d1a7bed

1.JPGUsually, this command and controll gave me a list of my available calendars, but now they dont show up.

I go into my Outlook Online settings, and toggle on birthday calendar.

I save and close the app.

I reopen the app in edit mode,

2.JPGBoth calendars now shop up, my regular appointmentcalendar and my birthday calendar.

I wait a few minutes, aaaaaaand its gone:

3.JPGThe "Regular" calendar is no longer available

@v-xida-msft 

I tried your suggestion but it made no difference sadly. I can now only see the birthday calendar and not my standard calendar anymore.

4.JPGTimer suggestion did not work sadly.

As soon as i toggle off the birthday calendar, i will once again have no options.

@Mr-Dang-MSFT  and @v-xida-msft  Thank you both for taking the time to answer, any other ideas i might try to fix this? I find it very odd that my regular calendar(called "Kalender") shows up temporarily and then dissapears.

Have a nice day!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jcarlsen ,

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side.

Please consider re-create a new connection to your Office 365 Outlook connector within your app, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket for help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jcarlsen

@v-xida-msft I tried re-adding the connection in the app, and in the environment im working in. Both work temporarily but dissapear after a few minutes.

The ticket system sends me into an infinite log-in loop. By this i mean i click, your link, click support ticket, i have to log in, then im back at post in general forums. Its like the link automatically signs me out or something.

Jcarlsen

It has been solved. Im not sure how, but what i did was to connect to powerapps outside our office via a 4g connection and now it works. Maybe some sort of firewall issue at our office but it seems to be working as it should now. Thanks for all the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 111 members 4,003 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: