cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anorakman
Level: Powered On

Only show SharePoint List item if date is within date range

I have a SharePoint list of 4,000 items and I would like to filter it to show items which have been added in the last year.  It appears I am being frustrated by either the 500 limit or the fact the < and > operators cannot be delegated.  Is this the case?

Is there a workaround?

Is a solution planned, does anyone know?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Only show SharePoint List item if date is within date range

Hi Anorakman,

According to this documentation about PowerApps delegation, we know that currently PowerApps do have a limitation for 500 items.

To show SharePoint list item that date is within a date range, you could consider to use operator “>=” and “<=”.

I created a simple app to filter list items that within a date range, the code I am using is:
Filter(ProjectEmail,Date>=DatePicker1.SelectedDate&&Date<=DatePicker2.SelectedDate)

Before configuring this function, you need to add two Date picker controls.

Hope this could be a reference for you, please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anorakman
Level: Powered On

Thanks Mabel

I found your previous post outlining this solution.

When I filter the 4,000 records with > or < it doesn't process the full list.  As these records collect at a rate of few per week per individual and go back 10 years, when I filter for the last year I get nothing back as none of the first 500 records were collected in the last year.

The records relate to a number of individuals so my workaround is to filter for the individual, as the = operator can be delegated, and then filter this collection for the records from the last year.  The Screen OnVisible formula for the screen showing the records is:

OnVisible = ClearCollect(NutritionTable, Filter(Nutrition, Title = ResPick.Selected.Title)); ClearCollect(NutritionResident, Filter(NutritionTable, DateWeighed > Today()-365))

The gallery listing the currently active individuals is on another screen and the act of picking one of them navigates to the above screen, which has another gallery based on the NutritionResident collection.  There is a delay each time the SharePoint list is accessed and the collections are rebuilt.

This works in this instance, but it would be nice if PowerApps and SharePoint had fewer restrictions.

Regards

Anorakman

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Anorakman,

I have seen a blog and the title of the blog is Large SharePoint lists, Delegation details, Flexible height gallery, Validation with regular expressions, and more. Please check it at here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-update-large-sharepoint-lists-startswith-delega...

According to this blog, it seems that since release 2.0.590 the 500 record limit has gone, PowerApps now is supporting for large lists when creating app from data.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 280 members 3,951 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: