Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kevingeorget
Level 8

Passing Person field from PowerApps to Flow

Hi PowerApp Users,

Is it possible to pass a person field value to a flow. I know we can pass DisplayNames, Emails etc.. to the flow. But what about a person field as a whole. 

My flow will create another item in a different list with a Person field value. Assigning DIsplayname or Email to a person field doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Passing Person field from PowerApps to Flow

Hi @kevingeorget,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Do you want to pass the whole Person field value (A record value) from your app to a flow?

If you want to pass the whole Person field value (A Record value) from your app to a flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, a flow could only accept Strings Text as parameters passed from an app. Passing a record value from an app to a flow is not supported within PowerApps.

In addition, if you want to assign a value to a Person field within the "Create Item" action in your flow, I think the Email value or Claim value of a Person field value could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration:3.JPG

App's configuration as below:4.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Trigger Flow" button to following:

'20190122_case15'.Run(DataCardValue8.Selected.Claims)

Or

'20190122_case15'.Run(DataCardValue8.Selected.Email)

On your side, you should type following:

'YourFlowName'.Run(YourPersonFiledValue.Claims)

Please take a try with above solution I provided, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kevingeorget,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Do you want to pass the whole Person field value (A record value) from your app to a flow?

If you want to pass the whole Person field value (A Record value) from your app to a flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, a flow could only accept Strings Text as parameters passed from an app. Passing a record value from an app to a flow is not supported within PowerApps.

In addition, if you want to assign a value to a Person field within the "Create Item" action in your flow, I think the Email value or Claim value of a Person field value could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration:3.JPG

App's configuration as below:4.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Trigger Flow" button to following:

'20190122_case15'.Run(DataCardValue8.Selected.Claims)

Or

'20190122_case15'.Run(DataCardValue8.Selected.Email)

On your side, you should type following:

'YourFlowName'.Run(YourPersonFiledValue.Claims)

Please take a try with above solution I provided, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kevingeorget
Level 8

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the claims and email property doesn't work. Your understanding is correct, i'm trying to populate a person field with this value.

Regards,

Kevin

Error details-

'(P)******FLow'.Run(DataCardValue10.Selected.Email,DataCardValue27,DataCardValue28,DataCardValue12,DataCardValue13.Selected.Email,

DataCardValue11.Selected.Value,DataCardValue1,DataCardValue13.Selected.DisplayName)

{

"status": 400,

"message": "User value is invalid.\r\nclientRequestId: eb6a472c-12a7-4277-98d9-afd4139e662e\r\nserviceRequestId: 4878b89e-6003-8000-9774-e98bbade422b"

}

'(P)*********FLow'.Run(DataCardValue10.Selected.Claims,DataCardValue27,DataCardValue28,DataCardValue12,DataCardValue13.Selected.Email,DataCardValue11.Selected.Value,DataCardValue1,DataCardValue13.Selected.DisplayName)

This is the value it hold, Operator is my Person Field-

{
"Status": {
    "Value": "Closed"
  },
  "Rejection_Reason": "<p>Rejected</p>",
"Operator": "Kevin********@*********.onmicrosoft.com"
}
kevingeorget
Level 8

Fixed it.

I'm must have done the dumbest thing ever (for the day).

I was assigning the value to the field directly rather than Field's claim property.

My bad.

Thanks for the reply again @v-xida-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 286 members 3,931 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: