Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DanMuriel
Level: Powered On

PowerApp Creating a subForm in a form

Hi PowerApps Community,

I wanted to ask for help regarding the creation of a Form that contains another "Subform" embeded in the same form. I created the basic form which collects the following information: Last Name, First name, Client, Number, Telephone Number, address 1, City, state, Zipcore and Client Notes. (See image attached).

However, I need to be able to create a matrix/table where I can add finding to the specific cliente. (see image attached) a cliente can have up to 25 findings and these findings are usually a selection of various dropdowns. 

The idea is that everytime I select the "Add" button I will be able to add a new findings, with a "new subform" this will the user to select the categories from the various dropdown and have a free text area to input notes if needed. 

FORM1_Test.png

Now my question is, I have all my data stored in a SharePoint List but how can I create this "subform" within the current sharepoint list for each one of the clientes. Any suggestions Idea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApp Creating a subForm in a form

You could create another list in SharePoint for your findings and associate it to the main form through the client number or some other unique key. Then when you click Add Findings would cold navigate the user to another screen that has a form for the Findings information. The Findings table would be a gallery or DataTable filter the unique key.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

You could create another list in SharePoint for your findings and associate it to the main form through the client number or some other unique key. Then when you click Add Findings would cold navigate the user to another screen that has a form for the Findings information. The Findings table would be a gallery or DataTable filter the unique key.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DanMuriel ,

My understanding is that the data source of your main form is SharePoint list, but what is the data source of your subforms? You can navigate to a new screen with a new Form control when selecting the Add button, and the new Form could bind to the new data sources. Or if you want to immediately submit a new record to the 2nd data source with controls in current Form, you could use a Patch function in the OnSelect property of the Add button. 

The formula is something like:

Patch(DataSource2,Defaults(DataSource2),{Column1:TextInput1.Text,Column2Smiley Very Happyropdown1.Selected.Value})

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DanMuriel

Thanks Jeff,

So for this recomendation I would create a new SP list to collect the "Findings", do yo have any recomendations to create a formula to have a unique generator for the client ID that is consecutive. for example ClientID-##### in where # is a consecutive number for each of the forms submitted.

DanMuriel

@v-monli-msft @Jeff_Thorpe 

What I am trying to create is something very similiar to this powerapp that i previously saw. 

In which the main form has the clients information and at the bottom there is a gallery of the subform which includes the entries that can be edited or deleted by the user for that specific client. (FORM 2 located in sharepoint list 2) 

Capture.PNG

By clicking the "add" button a new form questios will be open that will allows the user to input the data that is required for this form.

My question refers how do i add a gallery view that only allows the user to view the requeired information and add additional findings, in which he is currently working on.   

The subform will be saved to the 2nd sharepoint list, but transfer this data into the current form.

Finding.PNG

And then the new entry will be added to the current form see image below 

Information Submitted.PNG

Any suggestions??? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 382 members 4,864 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: