cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tested1
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Form: the property expects record values but this rule produces incompatible table values

Hello!

I have a sharepoint form that I made in powerapps.

There are many columns with 'Choice' fields/options for users to select answers. 

I created a new master list for each of these choice columns and put all the fields in there, so like a Masterlist 

I then used a look up column to get these values for the official form.

I had to change some of these options and now my form gives the error: the property expects record values but this rule produces incompatible table values. Now all the columns I have changed give this error under 'Default'

Is there a way to automatically update my PowerApps form if I delete say a Choice in a SharePoint list column? or make changes. It would be great if I could click say update and the Powerapps form is updated.

Please see pics. Thank you!form erro 1.pngform error 2.pngform erro 3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tested1

Re: PowerApps Form: the property expects record values but this rule produces incompatible table values

hi @egallis 

How do I remove my old choices in powerapps form or update my column to my newest ones in my look up list on Power Apps form?

Yeah that sounds right.. I just created 1 master list which contained the choices then used a look up in the main form to get these choices to try to stay organised because we will probably have to keep changing some

EDIT: 

Nevermind I just refreshed the form and the choices etc look to have been updated automatically. 

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Form: the property expects record values but this rule produces incompatible table values

Hi @tested1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a bit more about the Divisions_x0020__x0026__x0020_Fu column in your SP list?

Further, what changes do you made to these columns which faces this issue?

The error message that you mentioned seems to tell that the Default property of the Divisions_x0020__x0026__x0020_Fu column is required to provided a Reocrd value, but the ThisItem.Divisions... formula returns a Table value.

Please consider take a try to re-create an app based on your SP list, then check if the issue is solved.

Note: If you custom a form for your SP list using PowerApps, please consider remove the custom form, then re-add a new custom form for your SP list, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tested1

Hi @v-xida-msft 

All I done was delete the divisions list in the look up column and remade it with some different values. 

What other details would you like for the divisions column? I will put a screenshot of the look up column. I have 2 lists one main one and then another with the divisions values. The first list looks up the choices in list 2 (divisions)

But I just removed and re-added the divisions column to fix it

However I lost all of my formatting - colours etc I done to the division column and had to redo it..

If I need to change a value in say the divisions look up column again (Which I most likely will need to if things are outdated), what should I do to the PowerApps form? Do I need to remove and readd the column/datacard every time?? 

Thank youlook up.png

egallis
Level 10

Hi @tested1,

If I understand well, what you did is that:

• in your list you had choices columns like this:
    • scChoice1, with the following choice values:
      • Choice1Value1
      • Choice1Value2

And then you decided you wanted lookups instead of choices... right ?

So you created lists to put your choices values (what you call your master lists):

• myListForOldChoice1, with the following items:
    • Choice1Value1
    • Choice1Value2

Then, I guess you created new columns in your list to replace your old choices:

• scLookup1, attached to list myListForOldChoice1

If this is what you did, then you have to remove your old choice fields from your form in PowerApps and replace them with your new lookup columns. And everything should be fine...

Of course, in the list items, you will loose all data that was previously entered in the old choices columns...

Is this of any help to you ?

Emmanuel

tested1

hi @egallis 

How do I remove my old choices in powerapps form or update my column to my newest ones in my look up list on Power Apps form?

Yeah that sounds right.. I just created 1 master list which contained the choices then used a look up in the main form to get these choices to try to stay organised because we will probably have to keep changing some

EDIT: 

Nevermind I just refreshed the form and the choices etc look to have been updated automatically. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 351 members 4,907 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: