cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

PowerApps Licensing

So

After a few months off of the service (it was far too buggy for business use), i thought id have a look to see how the service was standing now.

Gone to use my apps and being told i need to upgrade.  The only connector is SQL On-Premesis.

When did MS remove this from Powerapps for office365 as it was always included before? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mogulman
Level 8

Re: PowerApps Licensing

They didn't remove use of data gateway but they now require either a plan 1 or plan 2 license.  They announced this late last year.  I've been using an on-premise SQL Server for development.  I find using the SQL Profiler very useful for finding issues and seeing/fixing performance issues.  I plan to use Azure SQL DB for production.  I'm with a small company so no big deal but I can see where this change could be a big impact to a large enterprise.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mogulman
Level 8

They didn't remove use of data gateway but they now require either a plan 1 or plan 2 license.  They announced this late last year.  I've been using an on-premise SQL Server for development.  I find using the SQL Profiler very useful for finding issues and seeing/fixing performance issues.  I plan to use Azure SQL DB for production.  I'm with a small company so no big deal but I can see where this change could be a big impact to a large enterprise.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thanks for the clarification @mogulman .

Im also an SMB, always more cost Smiley Frustrated

Wish i could use azure, however im integrating into existing software using an on-prem database and they dont support cloud unfortunately. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 340 members 5,399 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: