cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewNW
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Permission

Hi,

I have posted a similar question here but I would like to clarify the below.

I m thinking to buy Power app licence(P2) so then we can create two production environments within O365 and shared with staff within our division. Currently we have O365 E3 licence and we have one Powerapps production environment which is  shared with other divisions. 

Do you think is this a good idea to buy a P2 and create our owned Production environments? what are the advantaged and disadvantaged on this approach, also I hope ,our division can use O365 power app licence to access the apps that I m sharing with on our Production environments that I will set up using Power apps P2 licence? 

Can you please explain what is mean by Common Data Service Database capacity (per user license)  is 250 MB and Common Data Service File capacity (per user license) 2GB?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Permission

Hi @NewNW ,

So far apps within one environment can only be accessed by the users in this environment. Environments do not share apps. You need to export and import your apps across environments with packaging to achieve this:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-packaging/

For Common Data Service Database capacity and  Common Data Service File capacity:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#resource-capacity-is-incl...

Per-user licenses come with included capacity for resources used when an app or flow is executed. These resources include data storage management and flow runs. The capacities included in the per-user licenses are pooled at the tenant level and, when the tenant’s capacity is exhausted, customers may purchase additional capacity through add-on licenses. For every increment of PowerApps or Flow user subscription licenses, the included database and file capacity increases, see table. The cap on the amount of database capacity that may be earned or purchased per tenant is subject to the technical limit of 4TB/instance, no maximum on file or log capacity.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
NewNW
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps Permission

Thanks Mona,

Yes I know I have to export and Import the app. But just want to clarify what is the best way to going forward.

1. Buy P2 PowerApps license within the current O365 environment?
  2. Create a separate Production PowerApps environment and share the app from there with all our O365 staff who do have Powerapps licence assigned form O365 E3 power apps licence.

Do you think is this a good idea to upgrade my Power apps O365 licence to P2 or buy a separate P2 license under the tenancy and assigned it to me and create our owned Production environments? what are the advantaged and disadvantaged on this approach?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 161 members 3,794 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: