cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhallas
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Release 2.0.791 error with Patch

I have an App that I wote that adds records to a SharePoint list via a Patch statement.  Version of the app I created last week that show as being created in version 2.0.783 work fine and I am able to create records in my SharePoint list.  If I now make any type of edit to my app, which then causes the app to be updated to the latest release, the Patch statements fail withan error of "The requested operation is invalid".  Restoring the a version of the app created with release 2.0.783 or before resolves the issue, but this has left me being unable to make some needed changes to my app.  Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?  Is there any other resolution that would allow me to edit my app without it breaking?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bhallas

Re: PowerApps Release 2.0.791 error with Patch

This does appear to be related to the issues with build 791.  I also ran across the post you referenced and used the link posted there to access build 783.  If I open and then resave my app using build 783 via the link below, everything works fine.  I will just keep editing using that earlier version until that bug is resolved.

PowerApps Editor v2.0.783:

https://us.create.powerapps.com/v2.0.783.67785019/studio/#

Thanks to all who replied.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @bhallas

To edit your app without breaking it, you could try to edit the copy that you restored with v2.0.783 of PowerApps.

Here's a link that you can use:

https://preview.create.powerapps.com/v2.0.783.67785019/studio/

jsarnold
Level 8

Do you mind posting the code? I had a similiar issue with a ClearCollect call, and it was due to using "" instead of Blank()

skmcken
Level 8

@jsarnold @bhallas there is a bug in Version 2.0.791. I dont know if it has been fixed as yet. Thread on bug is below. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-Release-2-0-791/m-p/91874/highlight...

bhallas

This does appear to be related to the issues with build 791.  I also ran across the post you referenced and used the link posted there to access build 783.  If I open and then resave my app using build 783 via the link below, everything works fine.  I will just keep editing using that earlier version until that bug is resolved.

PowerApps Editor v2.0.783:

https://us.create.powerapps.com/v2.0.783.67785019/studio/#

Thanks to all who replied.

skmcken
Level 8

I have an update from the PG team which says that they are deploying 2.0.8X starting today and should be out to everyone by this end of week which will fix it

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 355 members 4,421 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: