cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzhang
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps latest updates breaks our app again (The "IF" or "ISBLANK" stateme

Sridutt

I just did the following tests on a test environment instead of our production environment, there are some differences between these two in terms of the apps itself, but the code for Full_Name field is the same.

1. Edited a app record in PowerApps current version (3.18111.17) using the "Play" mode by changing the order status. The Full_Name was changed from that of other user to mine in this order after the editting, this was an incorrect behavior.

2. I repeate the same test described above above using the link you give me for version 3.18104.19, the Full_Name remained the user name as it should be after the order editing, this is what we want. The session ID is shown below for this test environment

Session ID: 9f2ad414-1150-4a19-8fe8-6dba6b982fc6
PowerApps 3.18104.19

Here I ran the same PowerApps app twice, just under different PowerApps platform versions, and I got different results. This proves that the PowerApps platform version 3.18111.17 has a problem. There is no need to spend time to debug my client program which has been running fine for a long time until a few days ago.  
mzhang

Re: PowerApps latest updates breaks our app again (The "IF" or "ISBLANK" stateme

Sridutt,

I can open the link for 3.18104.19 you gave me and run the apps, I am a ower of the PowerApp app. Can this link be used be other users? We would like our business running while you degging the issues in PowerApps platform.

I trie to run the program under this link as a different user, but I couldn't find any apps to run once I click the link.

PowerApps Staff sridutt
PowerApps Staff

@mzhang,

Yes, this web authoring link should work for all users. You can unblock yourself with this link while we investigate and update you with resolution. Thanks a lot for performing tests and confirming that this is regression.

mzhang

PowerApps Team,

Can someone help me on how to use a previous version of PowerApps? I was given a link to use a previous PowerApps version 3.18104.19 while you guys can trouble shoot the current version. I can use the link (3.18104.19) myself by directly click it and found all the apps there, since I am the owner of those apps.

However, when other users click the link, and open the PowerApps app, there was nothing to open, no apps were listed even though these users have the access of the apps in the current version (3.18111.17). What is the steps for a regular user to use the past PowerApps version? Can you walk me through the steps? The previous reply mail to me says "Yes, this web authoring link should work for all users", and why we have this problem?

PowerApps Staff sridutt
PowerApps Staff

@mzhang, would it be possible to have meeting to go-over issue that you are facing and help with workaround?

you can mail your available schedule/meeting request to sridutt@microsoft.com.

mzhang

Sridutt,

Thanks for the screen sharing session with me, I thought the issue has been resolved by modifying the default value. Unfortunately, the problems remains and it requires a very strange way to detect it. It appears that the problem can be reproducibly detected with two conditions; (1) using "Play" mode only, and (2) it only shows up the first time you start a app session, if you want the issue to show up again, you have to kill your current PowerApps session and start a new app session. With these conditions, I did 5 tests each with Play mode and a fresh app session in current PowwerApps version:

1.  With Full_Name card "FullNameCD" having (if (ISBLANK() ) as default, the underlining NameDCV default also having the same "If"  statement, five out of five times the editting order operations changed the username to mine.

Previously, I have trouble reproduce the problem; sometimes I will see the name change, but when I did it again with the same PowerApps session, the name wouldn't change anymore. I also used both edit and play modes between tests, this got things more complicated.  But now five out of five times I have reproduced this problem.

Let me know what's the next step.

mzhang

By the way the app used in the test has been published before the test.

mzhang

Sridutt,

Again, five out of five tests produced the correct behaviors (no name change) using the following conditions;
(1) the app that has been restore to version 3.18104.19 
(2) same default values (both with if statement) for the FullName and NameDCV card
(3) the PowerApps environment the app was running is 3.18104.19
(4) using edit mode (only mode available) for the app
(5) each test was started with a new PowerApps app session.

It is obvious that the problem is caused by version difference between 3.18104.19 and that of now (3.18112.22).
Can you suggest a workarround that our regular users that have the access to this app but without app edit privileges can use the old version 3.18104.19 instead of current one? We have orders piled up, and we need to process them for our business acitivities.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 372 members 4,892 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: