Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerApps missing all Power BI data....

Hi

I created a PowerApp via the PowerApp custom visual in Power BI, 

Everything was working great, then I tried to open my PowerApp again from the studio after saving and closing a few times, then it said to me another window was open and if i watned to over ride, when i did this my gallery full of data from power bi is now empty...i closed without saving however still when i go back into the PowerApp its empty..

I am stumped because i cant see a way to manually check the power bi integration and check configuration

Thanks

Alexander

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff FelixCuadrilla
PowerApps Staff

Re: PowerApps missing all Power BI data....

Hi.

You can try going to web.powerapps.com and check if you can find a previous version of the app that still have the changes you are looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The old versions still didnt haven any data from Power BI, 

Is there not a PowerBIIntegration Object directly available to edit / configure in PowerApps?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

The old versions still didnt haven any data from Power BI, 

Is there not a PowerBIIntegration Object directly available to edit / configure in PowerApps?

PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

There should be a Power BI integration object on the left in the tree view. That being said, there's nothing to edit.

After playing around with the Power BI integration for a bit, it looks like if you change the selected Power BI columns for the PowerApps tile, then no data will appear in the PowerApps studio (If you change the selected data back to how it originally was, it should start working again). Is this the behavior you're seeing? If you need to change the data you send to PowerApps, you can try creating a new app and copy and paste your controls into the new app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply,

Yep I saw it on the left, however as you said nothing to edit was hoping you could select the dataset and have more robust control over the integration.

Thanks for that, I seemed to be able to create a new app from power bi and then choose existing app and chose the app i created with no data and then it populated it back with data. So hoping it will be stable like this now without me doing anything else.

Still doesnt make sense that you can't have more control over the Power BI integration somehow

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 3,848 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: