Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlesonITC
Level: Powered On

PowerApps trial version will expire in 30 days

Hi all,

I have a problem, we did a PowerApp and we can't enter without the trial version with the next message:Untitled.png

So, when the trial version ends, no one can use the PowerApp and my question is: 

We have Microsoft office 365 E3 license, why we can't use the PowerApp?

Thanks all.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps trial version will expire in 30 days

Hi @AlesonITC 

Unfortunately, the E3 license doesn't provide access to on-premises SQL Server. This was a change that took place in February. The post here might be of interest to you.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-Plan-Change-2-1-2019/td-p/187283

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlesonITC 

The most likely reason is because your app contains a data connection that requires a Plan 1 or Plan 2 subscription. This could be an on-premises SQL Server connection, or some other premium connector. Could you tell us the data sources that you're using in your app?

AlesonITC

Hi @timl .

Yes you are right, I have a SQL Server connection.

So what can I do to solve this?

thanks.

regards.

Super User
Super User

Hi @AlesonITC 

To remove the trial message, the 2 options are to remove your SQL Server connection, or to purchase Plan 1 or Plan 2 licenses for your users.

If you need to use SQL Server, you could consider using SQL Azure instead of a on-premise instance of SQL Server. You can connect to SQL Azure without needing Plan 1 or Plan 2 subscriptions. You would need to pay for a SQL Azure subscription only, so this could work out to be a cheaper option. 

AlesonITC

But as I said, we have microsoft E3 license for office 365, isn't this enough for use this plans 1 or 2 on powerapps?

I need to connect to SQL Server, no way to do it with Azure...

Thanks.

Regards.

Super User
Super User

Hi @AlesonITC 

Unfortunately, the E3 license doesn't provide access to on-premises SQL Server. This was a change that took place in February. The post here might be of interest to you.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-Plan-Change-2-1-2019/td-p/187283

View solution in original post

RCCD_ddong
Level: Power Up

I am getting the "PowerApps Plan 2 has expired" message, but our college has the E5 subscription. My administrator said we should have PowerApps Plan 2 as part of the campus agreement, but when he looks up my account it shows it as being on the trial version and expired. He isn't able to figure out how to apply the permissions to remove the expired message. How do I get the account reinstated with the appropriate license?

Peter3010

Hi @AlesonITC  @timl  @RCCD_ddong / All

My users are also getting the same error (trial version will expire) and they have E3 license and powerapps office 365 license toggle is enabled. Could you please advise what more is required from licensing point of view to avoid trial expire message again. Note, i am using below connectores for my app.

CDS

Azure blob

Office 365/users

Flow

Do they really need P1 license. Could you please let me know the reason (licensing description) so i can rasie the request with my mgmt. Many thanks in advance!! 

Super User
Super User

Hi @Peter3010 

From a licensing perspective, the users will require at least a P1 license. The main reason is because your app uses the CDS and this reason for the trial messages.

The link here provides some detailed licensing descriptions. You'll notice how the bullet point at the top describes how a P1 license is required for the CDS.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#powerapps-for-office-365

It's also useful to note that the licensing model will change very soon. In future, PowerApps will be licensed on a per app/per user model rather than the P1/P2 model. Here's a link to some further details.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-licensing-options-for-powerapps-and-flow/

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 328 members 4,067 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: