cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kolaas
Level: Powered On

Powerapps - Flow - Zendesk: The property expects Text values, but this rules produces incompitable record values

Hi all,

I'm new to powerapps and I am currently trying to use flow to return the subject from a zendesk ticket using flow and insert the value into a label.

But I am getting a error:

The property expects Text values, but this rules produces incompitable record values

Wha I have done is to have a textinput with the ticket id, then a button that uses a flow to look up the ticket subject using the ticket id, then returning the result to powerapps.

The code I am using for the button is this:

Set(subjectText , getSubject.Run(ticketNumber))

where subjectText is the label

The label itself has this value:

subjectText

The error is apparantly comming from the label

issue.png

I have a feeling that it is tryint to tell me that the return value from the flow is not text, but I really can not figure this out.

Would be greatfull for any help on this.

In the flow part, the get item from zendesk is executing withoug any problems and returning the subject from the ticket number i insert into the powerapps textinput.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kolaas

Re: Powerapps - Flow - Zendesk: The property expects Text values, but this rules produces incompitable record values

I managed to get it working by using "Respond to powerapps".

The solution was the following code:

Set(subjectVar, getSubject.Run(ticketNumber))

and setting the variable as :

subjectVar.subject

Seems like the flow was setting the variable as a data object with the information from the ticket, so that you have to call the "title" you set the variable you get in the "Respond to powerapps" step.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Powerapps - Flow - Zendesk: The property expects Text values, but this rules produces incompitable record values

Hi @kolaas 

Your return data is likely a record, even if it only has one column and one row in it.

To see what the return data structure is, collect the result first;

Add a button and set it's OnSelect: property to;

ClearCollect(collectResult, getSubject.Run(ticketNumber))

Then go into the collection view and see what it looks like.  This should inform how you structure your Set statement.

If it returns a single column, it might contain a value, or a nested table which may require you to drill down a level.  

eg: let's say the result is 

[Value]

"T10"

Your Set command would then look like this;

Set(subjectText , getSubject.Run(ticketNumber).Value)

If it contains a table and the table contains a column

[Value]

[] -> [column1]

"T10"

then your Set statement might likewise need to traverse the object structure accordingly.

Set(subjectText , First(getSubject.Run(ticketNumber).Value).Column1)

But as I said, first collect it, then you know what you're really dealing with.

Hope this helps,

RT

kolaas

Hi RusselThomas,

Thank you for the answer.

I guess that since my collection looks like this, my flow isnt actually returning anything?

empty.png

Super User
Super User

Hi @kolaas ,

Yes, but at least now you know your Set statement should be as follows, assuming it is in fact a record and now a table;

Set(subjectText , getSubject.Run(ticketNumber).text)

Smiley Happy

Now you just need to figure out what's happening on the flow side

Kind regards,

RT

kolaas

That made senseSmiley Happy

OK, so I have gotten a little bit further, and I get this result here when I test the trigger.

result.png

Super User
Super User

ah - there you may have to wait for someone a little more clued up on the respond-to-powerapps action.  I usually use an HTTP response which lets me control the schema - are you choosing "string" as the response type?

From what I remember it should let you define a key value pair, but I'd have to try it to figure out how PowerApps interprets the response - it might even be text.subject

Also, (just in case), while building the button will return the schema in the collection, you'll need to push it to exectute the request and get a response Smiley Happy

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kolaas ,

Do you use the "Respond to PowerApps" action to return data back to your app?

Do you specify a Text type parameter within the "Respond to PowerApps" action of your flow?

Based on the formula that you provided, I think there is something wrong with it. Please consider take a try to modify your formula within the Button as below:

Set(subjectText , getSubject.Run(ticketNumber).subject)    /* <-- type Run().subject rather than Run().Text */

then check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider re-create a new app, then add your flow connection, take a try with above formula, check if the issue has been fixed.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-data-to-powerapps/

In addition, you could also consider take a try to add "Request - Response" action within your flow instead of the "Respond to PowerApps" action to return data back to your app.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-an-array-from-flow-to-powerapps-response-method/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kolaas

I managed to get it working by using "Respond to powerapps".

The solution was the following code:

Set(subjectVar, getSubject.Run(ticketNumber))

and setting the variable as :

subjectVar.subject

Seems like the flow was setting the variable as a data object with the information from the ticket, so that you have to call the "title" you set the variable you get in the "Respond to powerapps" step.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 452 members 5,447 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: