cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
flyte
Level: Powered On

Process for Updating PowerApp

I need to be able to provide accurate documentation on the upgrade procedure for my PowerApp,

I know that I can simply modify my app and save it and it gets updated, but what is very unclear is "when do the users actually receive that updated version"?

We have seen the following: 

1. App updated, user launches app from the PowerApps app, user is using latest version
  2. App updated, user launches app from the PowerApps app, user is not using latest version
  3. App updated, user signs out out PowerApps, user signs back in, user is not using latest version
  4. App updated, user signs out out PowerApps, user signs back in, user is using latest version
  5. (same as above, but user has rebooted phone, same results)

What is the exact procedure I as the developer and the user should follow to ensure that once an app is updated, the updated version is delivered. I.e.: Upon next launch, the latest version is used.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Process for Updating PowerApp

Hi @flyte,

Based on what I know, there is no documentation regarding how the App would update once a new version has been created.

Basically the App would be updated once it is saved in the cloud (Save to PowerApps), there would be some time delay for the clients to receive the new version, usually a refresh after the saving should work.

The workaround that I could think out is the following:

1. First create a Flow for (Email notification, or Push Notification through Flow Mobile App), add the reminder to refresh for App updates,

2. When App need to be modified, add a button control and set the onselect property to run the created Flow (Reference), then click the button under Preview to send out the notification,

3. After the modification, before save the App, delete the Button for the Email notification flow.

Please consider submit an idea regarding App update scenario in the PowerApps idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 250 members 4,001 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: