cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PetyrBaelish1
Level: Power Up

Repeating Tables to input data into a SharePoint Online list

I'm trying to recreate the repeating table functionality from InfoPath in PowerApps to input data into a SharePoint list...

I have a custom list called "Personal Details" where a user enters their name, address etc.

I then want a repeating table called previous addresses (with fields for address 1, address 2, town, county, postcode).

Looking online (e.g. https://wonderlaura.com/2016/12/21/powerapp-galleries-repeating-tables/) people seem to be suggesting using galleries, but when experimenting I could only use a gallery for viewing existing data which doesn't work for my scenario as there's nothing to view until the personal details form has been submitted.

Ideally the information captured in the repeating element should be in the same list as the "primary data"; I don't mind using a second list that stores the previous addresses if they can link back to the data in the primary form (not sure if that's possible because the form data hasn't been submitted yet). My baseline requirements are that the data is submitted to SharePoint and a form is used to display the data nicely (with a repeating table), and that is stored on SharePoint.

Can this be done in PowerApps? My final solution will also include workflow (hopefully via Flow).

Or is there a better solution?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Repeating Tables to input data into a SharePoint Online list

Hi @PetyrBaelish1,

Could you please explain a bit about how you would like to deal with the actual data in PowerApps?

I am not fully understand of the infopath scenario you mentioned here.

Version History is not available to work under PowerApps, so if here you would like to work with the Previous Addresses entered by the related user, you may need to keep that data in another SharePoint list.

"

but when experimenting I could only use a gallery for viewing existing data which doesn't work for my scenario as there's nothing to view until the personal details form has been submitted.

"

So would you please share more details about your scenario? If here you would like to display a list in PowerApps, then it would require there is data stored in the data source.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jusper
Level: Powered On

Re: Repeating Tables to input data into a SharePoint Online list

Hi!

Take a lookup at Plumsail Forms and its List or Library control - it allows you to display items or documents from a related list and even edit them directly from a parent form. A link between parent and child forms is set automatically even in a new parent form - your do not need to fill in a lookup field manually.

---
Dmitry Kozlov from Plumsail

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 212 members 4,470 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: