cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucia
Level 8

Re: Request Operation is Invalid. The $top expression "Infinity" is not valid - Urgent

Hello guys,

What helped me was setting OnVisible of a scrren ClearCollect and then setting the galery items to the variable.

OnVisible property:

ClearCollect(MyVariable,Sort(MyList, Created, Descending))

Items of Gallery:

MyVariable

PDA
Level: Powered On

Re: Request Operation is Invalid. The $top expression "Infinity" is not valid - Urgent

Hi all,

I noticed this message appearing some days ago too.

I have several Browse Galleries showing collections, the collections being populated from various SharePoint Lists. My app allows me to add items to the collection, and then send the collection to SharePoint to update the Lists.

The Gallery wouldn't show the items I was adding in my local collections. In fact any addition I was making in the collection was thrown as a blank record in my collections, and then uploaded as a blank record in SP.

Adding a dummy records fix the problem.

I must add that this behavious is inconsistent between several apps I have (one for each client), refering to various but similar SharePoint List. In one of those apps, I need the dummy record, in others it works perfectly fine with blank lists to start with.

Anyway, this for me looks like a bug/regression as it was never mentionned that lists needed at least one entry to work with.

Thanks for the replies and hats off for the dummy trick !

PowerGell54

Thanks @lucia 

I think im going to use this method for the time being until MS sort something out, strange they cant replicate the issue as it seems to be a popular error

Highlighted
Oos

Having this issue too... The app works completely (even with this error) but the error is ugly

orangegroves
Level: Power Up

I just created a new list as a test -  I didn't do anything else but create a new list with the default fields, no additional columns, no views, no counting, no creation of views. Then I selected the customize forms and instantly got this error. 

Travis_wilson

This Just happened to me as i was build a new screen. half of all my sharepoint list have been empty when i start the build on the same app. I also thought maybe it was because of no data so i went in and created data in my SP list and refreshed and no luck.

I just made a gallery from a blank form a couple hours ago and had no issue.

Travis_wilson

If it from no data that its very inconsitant, i went back in and refreshed my SP list that i had added data into and it loaded into the gallery.

Kvv230892

Hi guys,

Same issue for me. I got this yesterday and the strange thing is everything was working fine till day before yesterday. The error is showing up in my onStart method.

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: The $top expression "Infinity" is not valid. clientRequestId: <..........> serviceRequestId: <.........>

I don't know why things keep on breaking in middle of the day. May be another unsuccessful deployment. I have experienced this a lot of times with PowerApps.

When it works, it works great but when it breaks it becomes useless. I had a demo today to show it to bussiness but can do so now. I treid some fixes like adding the data sources again, debugging my onStart but nothing works.

Thanks,

Ron

JackCornish42

Have you tried adding a dummy record to the list and then filtering it out in the app? That seems to be the most reliable - if miserable - solution.
Kvv230892

Hi Jack,
My lists have record already in there. So what I am going in my onStart method is that I am filtering the results based on the logged in user. It does not help me having even real records in the lists. I am getting this error in the editor itself while developing the app.

Moreover, it should not be like this at all as data sources (eg database tables) operations never return any error if the data source is empty.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 357 members 5,137 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: