cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i_reminisce
Level: Powered On

Review all inputted data before patching back to SharePoint

I have an idea that I can't figure out how to execute.

I'm in the process of building an app whose only purpose is to create new incident reports. It has several screens where users are inputting data. Many of these fields are custom fields that I will manually patch back to SharePoint, but some are forms as well.

I wanted to have a screen at the end of the app that would allow the user to see all of the information they have inputted throughout the app, as well as be able to edit it if need be. I've been running around in circles trying out various things to no avail.

Any advice is appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Review all inputted data before patching back to SharePoint

Hello @i_reminisce,

I suppose the simplest way to do this is to just put controls on the screens and add navigation buttons for Back and Next.  On the last screen, put all labels showing the current value of all of the controls ie: "sometext: "&Dropdown.Selected.Value that shows the user what is in the sometext field.  Ask the user to review them and go back and change them until they were satisfied.  Put a Save button on the last screen that collects all of the data.  ie. Collect(List, {data1: Dropdown1.Selected.Value, data2: DatePicker1.SelectedDate, data3: etc}) ;

Reset all the controls; Navigate back to the first screen. Start inputting another incident.

For more bells and whistles about creating your own forms, check out @Meneghino 's blog post https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/

Super User
Super User

I like doing stuff like that all on one screen that either they go through by clicking next or by clicking tabs (I posted an example of a tab one, it is the edit screen but the add new works the same basically). Just basically show and hide stuff off of the selections. The example I put here is all one screen and has 3 galleries and 3 forms on it. 

You can either do labels at the end that pulls in the values or a few other options and then it submits when they have reviewed it and and are done. 

Rebecca :-)

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hello @i_reminisce,

I suppose the simplest way to do this is to just put controls on the screens and add navigation buttons for Back and Next.  On the last screen, put all labels showing the current value of all of the controls ie: "sometext: "&Dropdown.Selected.Value that shows the user what is in the sometext field.  Ask the user to review them and go back and change them until they were satisfied.  Put a Save button on the last screen that collects all of the data.  ie. Collect(List, {data1: Dropdown1.Selected.Value, data2: DatePicker1.SelectedDate, data3: etc}) ;

Reset all the controls; Navigate back to the first screen. Start inputting another incident.

For more bells and whistles about creating your own forms, check out @Meneghino 's blog post https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/

Super User
Super User

I like doing stuff like that all on one screen that either they go through by clicking next or by clicking tabs (I posted an example of a tab one, it is the edit screen but the add new works the same basically). Just basically show and hide stuff off of the selections. The example I put here is all one screen and has 3 galleries and 3 forms on it. 

You can either do labels at the end that pulls in the values or a few other options and then it submits when they have reviewed it and and are done. 

Rebecca :-)

Super User
Super User

Very pretty Ux Rebecca! 

Super User
Super User

@Drrickryp

Thanks...I only build in house apps but still try and make them look a little nice. :-)

i_reminisce
Level: Powered On

Awesome awesome stuff guys. I was trying to be too fancy by collecting and then using a gallery to display the collection I guess!

Also more props to you for that UX @rebeccas!

I'll just use labels and onselects to take them back to the respective screen Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 366 members 5,210 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: