cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
David123
Level: Powered On

Run Startup code when developing

In this PowerApps app that I inherited, there is code in the App section that apparently runs when the program starts.  And it apparently does not run when developing/editing the app.  I do not understand the logic behind this decision among the creators of PowerApps (or many other things about PowerApps).   This is a basic question I'm sure everyone has on day one of using PowerApps.  

My question is, if code is essential to the functioning of an app upon startup, how do you get that code to execute when starting up in develpment mode? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Run Startup code when developing

@David123 

OnStart will run when you first go into the edit mode of an App.  If you need to run it again, you can do so easily by selecting the App in the navigator and choosing to run OnStart

rh2.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Run Startup code when developing

@David123 

OnStart will run when you first go into the edit mode of an App.  If you need to run it again, you can do so easily by selecting the App in the navigator and choosing to run OnStart

rh2.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 182 members 4,523 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: