cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmith
Level 8

Save Signature to SharePoint List

I have only found a few things about this, but nothing is really working for me. I created a PowerApp from a SharePoint list and added the signature input that I need to be included into the list. I am looking for a step by step process to sign the form and include it with the rest of the item data. 

I am hoping that this same process will show how to take a picture with the mobile device to do the samething. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Save Signature to SharePoint List

Hi @msmith,

To have signature input in PowerApps you will need the Pen Input control which could be collected as images. But notice that you still do not support to save images from PowerApps to SharePoint list so far according to:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Save-attachments-to-SharePoint-list-item/idi-p/8...

So far we only support read-only attachments in PowerApps. Attachment upload is expected to be released at the end of January, or early February 2018. You could also add your comments in the link.

About how to Create a set of images

1. Add a Pen input control, name it MyDoodles, and set its ShowControls property to true.

2. Add a Button control, move it below MyDoodles, and set the Text property of the Button control to show Add.
  3. Set the OnSelect property of the Button control to this formula:
    Collect(Doodles, {Sketch:MyDoodles.Image})

Capture.PNG

In this way, you have created a collection of signature image, then you could try to save the collection of image from PowerApps to SharePoint using Microsoft Flow, following blog below:

http://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/saving-collection-of-images-from.html

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @msmith,

To have signature input in PowerApps you will need the Pen Input control which could be collected as images. But notice that you still do not support to save images from PowerApps to SharePoint list so far according to:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Save-attachments-to-SharePoint-list-item/idi-p/8...

So far we only support read-only attachments in PowerApps. Attachment upload is expected to be released at the end of January, or early February 2018. You could also add your comments in the link.

About how to Create a set of images

1. Add a Pen input control, name it MyDoodles, and set its ShowControls property to true.

2. Add a Button control, move it below MyDoodles, and set the Text property of the Button control to show Add.
  3. Set the OnSelect property of the Button control to this formula:
    Collect(Doodles, {Sketch:MyDoodles.Image})

Capture.PNG

In this way, you have created a collection of signature image, then you could try to save the collection of image from PowerApps to SharePoint using Microsoft Flow, following blog below:

http://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/saving-collection-of-images-from.html

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
zdenko_zahorec
Level: Powered On

Hi, I'm trying to capture signature and upload it to existing sharepoint list. Followed the link and created the flow but I'm getting this error in flow: 

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose' inputs at line '1' and column '1899': 'The template language function 'dataUriToBinary' expects its parameter to be formatted as a valid data URI. The provided value 'appres://blobmanager/982332d1a8fe4b908f4499018d9f8b1c/7' was not formatted correctly. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#dataUriToBinary for usage details.'.
Anyone can help?

AlexisHA
Level: Powered On

Hy there,

I've got the same issue. The only way i've seen to reslove this one is to create a mail, with an attachement and then a flow to copy the attachement to the sharepoint list, but i really don't understand why proposing an image tool if it can't be save to sharepoint. The way to transmit images is too complicated...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 195 members 4,302 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: