cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Saving Data to Excel

The columns on the left and right don't need to necessarily match. The left side should match the column names in Table1 Table 2 and the column names on the right should match the Farms collection. I would think these would be the same given that Farms is a collection of the Table1 Table2 data but I may be mistaken there.

For that recent error, try 'Date Placed': DateValue(Farms[@'DatePlaced']), and see if that helps.

*edit for incorrect table name*

SamantaBoodram
Level: Powered On

Hi,

I changed the collections to match the Excel and I changed the date placed formula but I'm still getting an error see attached.

Super User
Super User

For the first issue, you might check to make sure there aren't any text entries in the 'Qty Placed' column of your data. It is likely that the value is being collected from an input that isn't specified as a number value, and thus being collected as text even though it is a number. Try this: 'Qty Placed': Value(Farms[@'Qty Placed']),

For the second one, it would appear that the DateValue part isn't necessary as there is a date data type being found. Try: 'Date Placed': Farms[@'Date Placed'],

Hope that ties it up for you! I will be leaving soon so I won't be able to respond for a while. I'll check back as I am able. Wishing you the best with this app!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@timl Thanks for dropping in even though you have been traveling! And thanks for the kind words! I consider both you and @RandyHayes the champs of the forums here, so I'm just happy to share a screen with you both. 

SamantaBoodram

Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for assisiting me and being so patient with me. I do not have any errors on the App however when I clicked the button it updated however it removed the Farm name and growout Id as seen on the attached.

Super User
Super User

Try removing the Value function from those items. Value basically turns things into numbers so text is ignored.
Super User
Super User

I have a moment so I thought I would check in. How are things going with the app?
SamantaBoodram

Hi,

Thank you for checking in, I did not make the adjustments yet, when I do I'll make sure and provide some feedback but thank you all for assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Super User
Super User

Happy to try and help out! I’ll keep checking back.
SamantaBoodram

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I tested and made the adjustments today and it was successful. The new code works and I am able to edit without creating a new line. Thank you very much for your patience and assistance in this matter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 181 members 4,802 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: