cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screen Reset?

Hello,

I remember reading awhile back a way to reset my DetailScreen's position when I navigated to another page (I want the position to be reset to the top,) but I can't seem to find that same information anywhere. Currently, when I return to DetailScreen1, the position is saved as being half way down the page.

I want to say you would use UpdateContext on "OnVisible" or something but I'm fresh out of ideas.

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Screen Reset?

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I agree that leaving the detail Screen at the place of the last visite is not user friendly.

But I am afraid currently I have no proper way to work with the scroll bar added within the DetailForm control.

There is no function or property available to "reset" the scroll, based on what I know.

Please consider submit this as an idea under the PowerApps idea forum.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please explain a bit for the Screen reset?

Do you mean the controls added in the screen would change its position when navigated from/To?

Would you please share a screenshot of the problematic screen?

You should be able to configure the proper size and location properties of the related control, with context variable.

Please check the following article for more details about size and location:

Size and location properties in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put in all the information in the captions. Let me know what you think @v-micsh-msft''

Thank you for your time

PowerappsExample1.pngHere is where we would verify the person check in's information.Example2.pngThis is half way down the same page as listed before.

Example3.pngWhen I go back to the home screen and search a different registrant, then click the arrow the next screen is what happens.

Example4.pngAs you can see, the location is the same as the previously loaded entry. Not a huge deal, but we have to scroll back up to the top which can be confusing for any one new to the app.

I can't exactly remember how to fix the issue but I'm fairly certain it's something simple that I'm overlooking. Thank you

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I agree that leaving the detail Screen at the place of the last visite is not user friendly.

But I am afraid currently I have no proper way to work with the scroll bar added within the DetailForm control.

There is no function or property available to "reset" the scroll, based on what I know.

Please consider submit this as an idea under the PowerApps idea forum.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 251 members 5,844 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: