cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audrieg
Level 10

Re: Search Function

I'm actually spending an enormous amount of time converting numbers in Power Apps. Here is another annoying example.

I have a choice list on SharePoint (screen shot a)

I have a dropdown in PowerApps (screen shot b) - it pulls all the station numbers (no filter) from the Stations List on SharePoint

The dropdown itself is working wonderfully.....however when I go to patch it....Power Apps starts yelling about data mismatch again.

Patch(LogAmbient,Defaults(LogAmbient),

{Station: DropdownStations.Text,
Notes: InputNotes.Text});
Navigate(BrowseLogs, ScreenTransition.Fade)

ScreenShot1.PNG

screenshot2.PNG

error.png

Highlighted
audrieg
Level 10

I'm actually spending an enormous amount of time converting numbers in Power Apps. Here is another annoying example.

I have a choice list on SharePoint (screen shot a)

I have a dropdown in PowerApps (screen shot b) - it pulls all the station numbers (no filter) from the Stations List on SharePoint

The dropdown itself is working wonderfully.....however when I go to patch it....Power Apps starts yelling about data mismatch again.

Patch(LogAmbient,Defaults(LogAmbient),

{Station: DropdownStations.Text,
Notes: InputNotes.Text});
Navigate(BrowseLogs, ScreenTransition.Fade)

ScreenShot1.PNG

screenshot2.PNG

error.png

PowerApps Staff murali
PowerApps Staff

Here is what I tried. Let me know if I got the repro wrong.

1. Created "Customers" list with Name and ID field

2. Created "Orders" list with a LookUp field that pointed to Customers' ID field AND "RefID" field that would contain the ID from Customers list

3. Created Gallery "Gallery1" with Items = Customers

4. Created Gallery "Gallery2" with Items = Filter(Orders, RefID = Gallery1.Selected.ID)

5. Also tried doing Gallery2 with Items = Filter(Orders, ccLookUp.Id = Gallery1.Selected.ID). In the case of lookup fields, they are represented using records in PowerApps. Hence doing ccLookUp.Id works.

They both worked.

deshazer72
Level: Power Up

on my search OnChange even I have this function Filter('[dbo].[Customer]', Upper(TextSearchBox1.Text) in Name) because I have a list of names for my customers from that table and when they type in a search I want it to filter to those names when they type; however, this is not working for me all I get is a blank if anyone could help it would be greatly apperciated. provided some pics of what my data looks like before and after I type

aosfilter.pngaosfilter2.png

dhofknecht
Level: Powered On

For those who may have their data in SQL rather than Sharepoint.  Something similar can be done by creating a computer column in the table with your ID number and having it convert all of them to varchar()

dhofknecht
Level: Powered On

For those who may have their data in SQL rather than Sharepoint.  Something similar can be done by creating a computer column in the table with your ID number and having it convert all of them to varchar()

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 392 members 4,861 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: