cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ulpillai
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Access

I am using Power Apps for Cascading dropdown in Customized SharePoint List. Please help on the below two issues.

• Access Issues: Need to restrict Customized SharePoint List users to edit the Power Apps OR Hide the Power Apps option in the Customized SharePoint List. But, the users still can create new and edit the old records as usual.
  • Cascading Dropdown Issues: When we have removed some of the Items from the Cascading lists. I can remove those items from Cascading lists in SharePoint New Mode. But, in SharePoint edit or view mode, I want to show the removed items only for old SharePoint records using those removed items not for the SharePoint records using the new Cascading lists. For e.g. there are three colors Red, Green and Blue.

Old record - Colors: Red (Whenever in edit or view mode, Name cascading field will show only Red, Green and Blue)

New Record (Created post Name “Red” removed in the cascading list) – Name: Blue (Whenever in edit mode, Name cascading field will show only Green and Blue Not Red)

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Access

Hi @ulpillai,

The permission for the SharePoint custom form could only be configured through SharePoint, and the Customize option is available through SharePoint Modern View, which could only be Disabled or Enabled by controling the preview features in SharePoint.

For the Dropdown issue, if the record has been deleted from the source, then I don't think there is a direct way to keep the old record and then show it within the Dropdown.

We could keep the the old table into a local collection before the delete action, but the collection will clear itself once the App is closed.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
ulpillai
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint Access

Have got some other issues. We are using more than 20 fileds in Customized SharePoint List thru PowerApps. Whenever we are trying to create new or view or edit records in SharePoint. PowerApps is loding those fileds OR goes to Last Fields in SharPoint UI insted of First Fields.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 399 members 4,477 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: