cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken3
Level: Powered On

SharePoint List column integrating with PowerApps

Please, I have searched the entire web for a solution to updating sharepoint list into powerapp.

Can you guy please give a detailed description on how to:

1) If I already had a SharePoint List and already created an App for that list in PowerApps that is already running. 

how do I update "the App" columns anytime I change a column name in "SharePoint"? I am talking about intergrating the values. 

Can't PowerApp make it easier for already existing apps to intergrate changes from the SharePoint list? by just refreshing????

This is supposed to be auto. I see the update property but it does nothing. Please I need help with this. Even when I put in a new column in sharepoint it doesn't appear on the already exisiting app nor when I try to create a new app.

Please can some give a detailed description or refer me to a video for step by step guide??

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: SharePoint List column integrating with PowerApps

Hi @Ken3 

The field in your form control on the App will not automatically show any new columns added (this is be design)

you would have to edit the app and edit the form fields to add the new controls

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Ken3

Hi Reza,

Thank you for your response.

I did that but when I put values and submit on the App it wont show anymore on the form in SharePoint list.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Ken3 

can you explian the issue with screenshots

also which type of column is this issue occuring with (any col type? or specific)

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Ken3 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you custom a form in your SP List using PowerApps?

Actually, it is an known issue within PowerApps -- the changes you made to columns in a SP List would not take effect immediately within the PowerApps app which connects to this SP List.

Currently, as an fixed solution, please consider remove the SP List connection in your app, then re-add it into your app, then remove the Edit form in your app, re-add a new one within it, bind the new added Edit form to your SP list data source. After that, modify the SubmitForm(...) formula to make it related to your new added Edit form.

In addition, you could also consider re-generate a new app based on your SP List again, then the changes would take effect within your app.

Note: If you custom a form in your SP List, please consider remove the custom form, then re-create a new one for it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ken3

Hi Kris,

No I don't use custom forms from SP list, I just create the app based on the list I have created on SP. However, when I change column names on SP it doesn't reflect on the app. PowerApp really need to work on that feature for intergration purposes. Its not user friendly to delete an entire editform1 when it has been deisgned already. Any changes made by an admin/owner in SP on the particular list should auto reflect in powerapp if refreshed.

Now a new issue I have is on SP I have a column that I didn't "check mark" to be displayed but it will display on the app and the ones I have "check marked" to display won't display. Its just driving me nuts lol. 

The developers of powerApp and SP need to go back to the drawing board if they want power apps to a leading app developing tool.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Ken3 ,

It is an known issue within SP list data source within PowerApps. The changes you made to your SP list would not take effect within PowerApps app immediately.

As an fixed solution, you could re-create a new connection to the SP list from your app or refresh the existing SP list connection manually, then remove the Edit form in your app, and then add a new one, bind it to your SP List connection, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Top Community Contributors for September  2019

Top Community Contributors for September 2019 🎉🎉

Let's thank our top community contributors

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 186 members 5,448 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: