cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KickingApps
Level 8

SharePoint Thumbnails

Any idea why, when I start an app, I get the following error referring to the Thumbnail in a collection.  Yet, when I delete the underlined, Thumbnail.Large, and retype once the app is open, it works fine and the error message disappears.  

.image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KickingApps
Level 8

Re: SharePoint Thumbnails

@TopShelf-MSFT I am still having this issue.  It is an easy fix, I simply delete one character, Thumbnail.Large, and retype it and it resolves.  However, with the issue persisting, it limits my ability to use this feature in my app.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @KickingApps,

Could you please share more details about the formula that you provided?

Is the Thumbnail a Column in your collection? Could you please share more details about the Collection that you mentioned?

Could you please share more details about the error message within your formula (put your mouse on the red underlined, the error message would show up)?

Based on the screenshot that you provided, I suppose that you want to concat column values from your Collection with other Text String value, is it true?

If you want to concat column values from your Collection with other Text String value, I think the Concat function could achieve your needs. Please take a try with the following formula:

Concat(YourCollection, Thumbnail.Large & " align='Top'> " & ...)

Please also check if the Thumbnail column is existed in your Collection. In addition, please check if the result the Thumbnail.Large formula returned is a Table value. If you want to concate column values from your Collection with other Text String value, please make sure that theThumbnail.Large formula returns a Text value.

Note: The Concat function could only be used to concatenate Text string values, not supported to concatenate Table value.

If the result the Thumbnail.Large formula returned is a Table value, please replace the Thumbnail.Large formula within your formula with following:

First(Thumbnail.Large).Large

then check if the issue is solved.

More details about the Concat function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Concat function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @KickingApps I'm sorry to hear you were getting this error message. Are you still experiencing this issue?

@TopShelf-MSFT 

KickingApps
Level 8

@TopShelf-MSFT I am still having this issue.  It is an easy fix, I simply delete one character, Thumbnail.Large, and retype it and it resolves.  However, with the issue persisting, it limits my ability to use this feature in my app.

View solution in original post

PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

@KickingApps, can you PM/email me a session id when you receive the error?

https://aka.ms/pa/sessionid

PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

@KickingApps can you check one more thing for me: do you have a control anywhere in the app called "Thumbnail"?

KickingApps
Level 8

@Mr-Dang-MSFT  No sir; no controls named Thumbnail.

KickingApps
Level 8

@Mr-Dang-MSFT Any aha moments for you on this issue?  

KickingApps
Level 8

After a couple of months of trying to figure this out - it is suddenly resolved.  No idea why. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 258 members 3,341 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: