cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LukeC
Level: Powered On

SharePoint integration apps not displaying properly this morning

A change rolled out this morning / last night to SharePoint and/or PowerApps has caused formatting issues for live apps displayed in the browser, yet in Preview Mode the formatting is still displayed correctly.

Specifically it is a height-formatting issue:

Apps configured in Size: Large format (1185 x 790) are displaying the app at a larger canvas size than 790px height now when viewing the live app in a browser. While viewing the app in Preview mode within PowerApps, the canvas height is still correct.

In my example below, you'll note the floating quick bar no longer displays properly in the live App.

Preview Mode PowerApps.pngLive App in Browser.png

Previously, I believe there was a blank spacer bar that SharePoint integration snapped to the bottom side of the app to make the formatting display correctly within the browser (as the SharePoint integration buttons at the top take up additional height px within the browser). But that bottom spacer bar / formatter / compensator (whatver you want to callit) seems to have been removed entirely as of this morning, and I think that is probably the underlying root cause.

Thanks for reviewing this, as this affects all live Apps of ours.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

Re: SharePoint integration apps not displaying properly this morning

@LukeC  Studio version 3.19075.25 has now been deployed to all regions. It contains a fix for the layout and rendering issues being reported. You will need save and re-publish your apps for the changes to take effect. Please remember it can take up to two minutes after publishing for the new version to become available for download. If any issues persist, please let us know! Thank-you for your patience.

9 REPLIES 9
LukeC

Further on this, another possible root cause is that it has nothing to do with height formatting at all, and instead PowerApps is no longer rendering portions of the App arranged outside of the SharePointForm section (in other words labels, icons, etc. inserted within FormScreen1) as floating.

Previously if you created a top header and bottom footer via this method described above, as the user scrolled down, both the header and footer would stay stationary (i.e. floating), while the actual SharePointForm section would scroll properly down until the end of the SharePointForm section.

Now when the user scrolls, the headers and footers come along for the ride too.

LukeC

Upon further investigation, I'm more convinced now that it has to do with FormScreen1 now rendering and grouping with SharePointForm instead of SharePointIntegration buttons like it used to.

For our apps to display properly, this needs to be changed back so that labels, etc. arranged in FormScreen1 (but not within SharePointForm1) remain floating/grouped together with SharePointIntegration buttons as they did previously to today.

PowerAppsFormatProblems.png

Microsoft Employee

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Would you mind grabbing a session id from the embedded SharePoint form app?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid#when-running-an-embedded-...

Thanks,

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps
LukeC

Hi @Paul_C 

Thanks for looking into this. Here's the session ID:

Session ID: 33b5efb0-ced5-4c3b-a82e-5d91d858dbfb
PowerApps 3.19073.18

I noticed this is happening to multiple layouts of apps, as I just built out a simple verticle layout app today with not even enough data fields to produce a scroll bar within Preview mode in PowerApps, yet the scroll bar is being forced upon the user in the live version in-browser (example below):

SmallApptest.png

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@LukeC We have identified an issue that is affecting layout and rendering is certain applications.  I can't say with 100% certainty that this is related to your issue, but it may be.  We are currently working towards deploying a fix.  I will respond again to this thread once this work has been completed.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@LukeC  Studio version 3.19075.25 has now been deployed to all regions. It contains a fix for the layout and rendering issues being reported. You will need save and re-publish your apps for the changes to take effect. Please remember it can take up to two minutes after publishing for the new version to become available for download. If any issues persist, please let us know! Thank-you for your patience.

LukeC

Hi @_Corey_  -- thanks for looking into this so quickly. 

Editted: Please disregard the below -- this works! Thanks!

Unfortunately, the new deployment did not fix this particular layout/rendering issue. After saving & re-publishing multiple times on both a large-format app and a small-format app, the scroll bar issues still persist.

On the app with Orientation: Landscape / Size: Large -- there is still both a horizontal and vertical scroll bar in the live rendered in-browser versions, but these don't display in Preview mode in PowerApps.

On the app with Orientation: Portrait / Size: Large -- there is still just the vertical scroll bar displaying (as in above image with contents ending while the vertical scroll bar still exists) in live rendered in-browser verisons, but it does not display in Preview mode in PowerApps.

Thanks for your support on this.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

I'm glad to hear you're up and running! Smiley Happy

Microsoft Employee

Awesome, glad to hear you're unblocked @LukeC !

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 134 members 4,572 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: