cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint List Filter above 500 records

I have a Sharepoint custom list with two columns (Title, Column2) in my Office365 Environment. Column2 is a number field starting from 1 to 1200. I added a Gallery to my Powerapps test applicaiton in the web and set the Items property to the following and received the corresponding results.

Filter(NumberList, Column2>10 && Column2< 14 ) = 3 records

Filter(NumberList, Column2>=1 && Column2<=500 ) = records 1 - 500

Filter(NumberList, Column2>=500 && Column2<=502 ) = 1 record (500)

Filter(NumberList, Column2>=501 && Column2<=502 ) = Zero Records. 

Filter(NumberList, Column2>500 ) = Zero Records

According to this article Sharepoint should be delegable with the Filter function...

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/delegation-list/

But, it appears that at least in my version of Power Apps that Sharepoint is not Delegable with Filter. Has anyone seen this behavior?

7 REPLIES 7
rlmckean
Level: Powered On

Re: Sharepoint List Filter above 500 records

I have found the same issue ! - Using a tip from a different thread, I had created a new field and gave the first three hundred records a value of 300 and the second three hundred a value of 600 ( This just happenede to suit my data split !)

Filter(NumberList, Column2>300 ) returned zero records

Filter(NumberList, Column2=600 ) returned all records

Strangely enough , I wa going to put this in a seperate post today to ask the question why !!!!!

Cheers

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully the PowerApps gods that be will take a look and give us and answer as to what is going on here.

irsimeonov

Hi guys

You are right that the filter function is delegatable in Sharepoint, however, if you look at the second table of the article, it only shows that equal (=) is a delegatable operator. So more than, less than, etc. are not delegatable at this point.

As a potential workaround, you could try to use Mod() to get the remainder of a division and use the filter() with equal sign - would need to add a column to your data source with a formulae RoundUp(Mod(Column2/500)...). Then, if you want to retrieve items 501 to 999, then it would be something like Filter(NumberList, ModColumn = 2); for items 1000 to 1500, it would be  Filter(NumberList, ModColumn = 3),etc.

Ivan

rlmckean

Thanks Ivan
Had a better read of the article and now better understand the limitations of share point lists!!
Can't see why at this stage Microsoft think this is a better environment than Access Web Apps
Cheers
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable

So when I added a third column to my data source called Group and put a group number in there (1 for the first 500, 2 for the second 500, and 3 for the third 500) it will let me filter and pull back each set.

Hmmm...

"Turn your business expertise into solutions with ease. Give people what they need to drive results." 

"Design fully customized apps without writing code"

"Quickly build apps with the data you already have"

Can we honestly say that this product actually does what it says it does? 

irsimeonov

Well, I agree that there are still quite serious limitations especially regarding delegatable functions and the 500 items limit, but I hope these will be fixed soon. Maybe someone from the forum / Microsoft has a view on a timeline of when specific functions and operators will be come delegatable? Actaully, that would be useful information even if it is a rough estimate, so people can plan specific features for their apps that require those functions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irsimeonov Hopefully but this seems to be following a similar course that I am seeing with several Microsoft products most specifically Sharepoint. Microsoft seems to be quick to come out too early toughting easy and flexible functionality for the average user to get the hype up and falling short on their promises. When they receive pushback the response is usually, "we hear you and are planning on implementing that...". Two problems...a) it shouldve already been there and b) as you noted there is no timelime. Just my .02 cents.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 102 members 3,878 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: