cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint List to Columns

First off...brand new to Powerapps. I have a sharepoint list that has a single item per record. Each record has a title and 12 columns with numbers in each. On my Powerapp i want to show the title in a title bar on the top of screen one and the numbers in 3 columns, 4 rows on screen 1 below the title. Do I use a Gallery control to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sharepoint List to Columns

@v-micsh-msft Thanks, I took care of this by transforming my dataset when I brought it into the local collection. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not sure I understand your data structure.

If each record is a single item in SharePoint list, and each item contains 13 columns (including the Title field, and the other 12 are all number type columns), and you would like to display a list of records (items) in PowerApps, then you need add a Gallery control.

Show a list of items in PowerApps

If you would like to show the column name, then we may consider add the Label control outside the Gallery, and then rearrange the control position in the gallery to match the label:

1.PNG

If I have any misunderstandings, or if you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply @v-micsh-msft. If I have a sharepoint list with the following columns...

Id, Val1, Val2, Val3, Val4, Val5, Val6, etc...

I would like to display those columns like below and I would want it to automatically expand the window as the columns go down. I could use a display form but I run out of room on the bottom. Does that help?

image.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

I am afraid automatically expand the Windows is not available.

If columns are too many, the form would then add a scroll bar to help show the proper data.

You may take a look at the article below for the form properties:

Edit form and Display form controls in PowerApps

Also, adding another control for reference, which would allow the data to be shown in a table format:

Data table control in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-micsh-msft Thanks, I took care of this by transforming my dataset when I brought it into the local collection. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 74 members 3,040 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: