cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jond
Level: Powered On

Stability of investment in PowerApps and O365 cloud model?

With on-prem Microsoft Servers (Outlook/SharePoint/Windows) you get 10 years support, stabilty of costs over that duration, and technology for end users, support staff and developers for creating apps.

Exactly what stability does Microsoft offer in their cloud model? I know things are continually rolling out and improving which is great, but I see nothing that indicates how long support lasts for technologies, services can disappear with a handful of months notice (e.g. Access Services for SharePoint Online), and pricing models can change at a whim.

We're on the cusp of making decisions which cloud services to use for our enterprise, we're looking for stability in terms of pricing, and support of cloud technolgies.

I'm not seeing that in O365, and wonder if Salesforce is any better?  I'm seeing too much risk using O365, if we'd gone all in on PowerApps a year ago, we'd be switching direction again right now thanks to the shift of connectors to premium and price changes of premium that make it too expensive for our organisation to continue with.

1 REPLY 1
Debug_Bug
Level: Powered On

Re: Stability of investment in PowerApps and O365 cloud model?

I could not agree more. I have just made another post that touches on the same topic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 406 members 2,797 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: