Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JamieD76
Level: Powered On

Submit Form Issues when Published

Hi All,

I have a form within an app that has previously been working fine, the form should submit about 8 fields to a Sharepoint list which is upto about 100 records now.

I discovered this issue yesterday when submitting a form with date fields.      The two dates reset back to default values when I submit the form from published but not when played in the web browser studio.

I set up a simple user form with 2 dates connected to a Sharepoint list to demonstrate this.  

Note this only happens to me on Published Apps, If I am working in PowerApps Web Based Studio and play the app everything submits okay.

I originally set the default date to None on Sharepoint and updated the form both Published and by Playing in Studio.  When played in the studio my new date values held, when published the submitted values set to None

I then set the default date to Today and repeated, when played in the studio my values held, when published the submitted values set to Today.

Please see the screen shots attached.

Many Thanks

Jamie

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Submit Form Issues when Published

Hi @JamieD76,

Could you please share a screenshot  of your PowerApps app's configuration?

Further, could you please show a bit more the formula of OnSelect property of the Submit button within your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have selected a proper data value within the DatePicker Controls in your app.

Please also check if the Format property of the DatePicker controls within your app is set to same date format with the Date fields in your SharePoint list. On my side, the Format property of the DatePicker control set to following formula:

DateTimeFormat.ShortDate

The Date fields in my SharePoint list are Date and Time type column (Date Only).

In addition, please take a try to re-create your app and then add the SP list as a data source in your app, then try your published app again to check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JamieD76

Hi Kris,

Thank you for replying,  I think you may have helped me in targetting the problem but I'm not sure on how to fix this.

I set the Format of the Textbox to "dd/mm/yyyy" in the app.   I did this becuase I prefer to type the date instead of using the date picker.     I changed the format becuase I wanted to type the UK way of putting dates in instead of mm/dd/yyyy.

I have taken out the "dd/mm/yyyy" out of the format properties and left it blank and the date is now submitting fine but in mm/dd/yyyy

The problem is now I would like the Date field to be in "dd/mm/yyyy" format when typed.

Could you help me with guidance on how to set my date picker correctly both on SP and PowerApps to submit in dd/mm/yyyy when typed.

I have uploaded a screen shot of my Sharepoint Setting for the Date Field.

Many Thanks

Jamie

JamieD76

Actually Kris,

This is definately a Microsoft Problem see Link Below

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/ERROR-my-app-can-update-all-field-except-Date...

Jamie

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 5,064 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: