cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shachi
Level: Powered On

Re: SubmitForm function can only work on a form. Wrong kind of control input is given...

Yes, I am facing the same issue. Smiley Sad hopefully it will be resolved soon

Highlighted
Matt_Hong

Re: SubmitForm function can only work on a form. Wrong kind of control input is given...

I received word from Microsoft about this issue.  Unfortunately, there's no date yet, but they said:

Product team is working on high priority to get the issue fixed soon.

I will keep you updated.

Er-PiTeam

I have a button that does all 3, so I believe the Edit, New and ResetForm functions are all malfunctioning.

I have two miscrosoft accounts in my org, so i triggered the error when I transferred my working app from one environment, to the next as a brand new application.  Good thing I checked the board right away!  I was about to spend hours trying to troubleshoot this.

If i find a quick work around i'll respond.  (I dont think changing your functions to Patch is the sexiest idea tbh, so Ill have that be my last resort).

buddhasbuddy

When I moved my button out of its DataCard and pasted it on the main screen the function worked again. Pasted the same button into a DataCard in my form... error returned. Same happened with an icon.

Hope this info helps.

ebaron

Same issue for me... and bad luck, the customer is testing many of my powerapps list forms... Snif.. think I hate recent powerapps updates: issues with requestHide, now SubmitForm.. next week, another regression? QA required please

jlipsun1
Level: Power Up

Just wanted to add that I'm also running into the same issue with the SubmitForm. Other functions that also worked previously in version 3.19061.14 (Patch and Running a Manually Triggered Flow) are also affected due to a mix of the variables being changed. For example, the "Modified" field is no longer there, it may have been replaced with "Updated"?  This is a PowerApps with a SharePoint List.

Issue1.PNGOther functions broken after 3.19062.18 release

PowerApps Staff ADobin
PowerApps Staff

Thanks for all of the reports on this issue! We've released a fix and this should be resolved now.

Er-PiTeam

Knew you would!
SamWallis

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
emh
Level 8

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 344 members 5,235 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: