cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Sudden error with Azure SQL Connector

Hello Experts!

 

I have an app that is running in pre-production that suddenly ran into some issues a couple of days ago. It is running against an Azure SQL database.

 

This filter is working:

 

Filter('[dbo].[CaseLog]',CasePicker.Selected.CaseID = LogCaseID)

 

But this one is not working:

 

Filter('[dbo].[CaseLog]',CasePicker.Selected.CaseID = LogCaseID And LogPublik = "Yes")

 

In the SQL Table, LogCaseID is an "int" and LogPublik is "text"

 

The error i get is in the attached file.

 

Has anything changed regarding SQL and filters lately?

 

Edit: I have the same PowerApp in two tenants, with different SQL databases in different Azure subscriptions. So, totally disconnected to each other. However, both have the same error. Was working perfectly two weeks ago.

 

I have tested some more and if i change the formula to:

 

Filter('[dbo].[CaseLog]',LogPublik = "Yes")

 

...it is still broken. Something for the connector for Azure SQL must have been changed. Any ideas?

 

Best Regards, Magnus Göransson

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sudden error with Azure SQL Connector

Hi @MagnusGöransson 

 

It works fine on my side.

And do you test with other browsers and other environments?

 

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sudden error with Azure SQL Connector

Hi @MagnusGöransson 

 

Do you try the formula expression as this?

Filter('[dbo].[CaseLog]',CasePicker.Selected.CaseID = LogCaseID && LogPublik = "Yes")

Could please also consider remove the connection from your app, then re-create a new connection to your Azure SQL Table, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved?

 

Best Regards.

Yumia

Re: Sudden error with Azure SQL Connector

Hello, I tried both, but no difference.

 

Keep in mind that the connector actually works. It is when i add the filter

 

"Yes" = LogPublik

 

...it breaks. It seems to be a problem filtering based on text-columns. Filtering against an int column works as expected. Also, a couple of weeks ago everything was working in both environments.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sudden error with Azure SQL Connector

Hi @MagnusGöransson 

 

It works fine on my side.

And do you test with other browsers and other environments?

 

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

Re: Sudden error with Azure SQL Connector

Hello,

 

I couple of days later it started to work again. Havent changed anything at all :-/

 

I get som bad feelings from this, but i hope it never happens again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 340 members 5,351 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: