cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikiepat
Level: Powered On

Sum Currency Fields and Displaying Currency as £'s

Hi,

I want to sum two fields which have been formatted to show currency in £'s, i have tried using the formula: Sum(DataCardValue19,DataCardValue20) which does work but only when i temporarily remove the £'s from the data card values.

These fields are in the edit screen so i want the person entering the data to see the live calculation as they enter the data. DataCardValue19 and DataCardValue20 both have this formula applied in the Default property: Text(Value(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]£#,###"). Can the sum formula be adapted to sum values that are displayed as currency values?

Also, frustratingly when i try and edit DataCardValue19 and DataCardValue20 i have to remove the £ symbol before i can edit the number. Is there a solution for this?

thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
h-nagao
Level 10

Re: Sum Currency Fields and Displaying Currency as £'s

Because you convert the values of DataCardValue19 and DataCardValue20 into Text, Sum function will not return appropriate Value. (DataCardValue19.Text is no longer Number, but just Text)

So, you can get total value by subtracting currency  £.

I attached screenshot of my sample app, in this case, to remove currency, I used Replace function.

sum.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mikiepat,

Can you share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to get the sum value between datacardvalue19 and datacardvalue20 in the format of  currency ?

The reason of your issue is that the values of datacardvalue19 and datacardvalue20 is converted to text. The sum function should calculate the sum of the number type arguments.

If your data source is from SharePoint list , you can use Currency column type.

7.PNG

8.PNG

set the Defaults property of datacardvalue8 to :

Sum(DataCardValue6,DataCardValue7)

On your side, you can set to :

Sum(DataCardValue19,DataCardValue20)

Regards,

Eason 

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mikiepat
Level: Powered On

Thankyou both for getting back to me - on hols now for xmas break so will have a look at your solutions when i get back. Hope you have a good break!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 402 members 4,476 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: