cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The PowerApps app works in edit mode, but not in "Play" mode, I can't share the app

@shekz any update on this or eta to fix?

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Re: The PowerApps app works in edit mode, but not in "Play" mode, I can't share the app

1. Issue with null values getting converted to zeroes
Latest: Undergoing investigation. Will update once I have more info.

2. While trying to submit a form, the user gets this error “An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again”

Latest: we have a fix, and are working to get it shipped ASAP; hoping in next 1-2 days.

3. Collections and onStart not behaving well and failing with error Invalid Mashup Expression

Latest: @kyle705 Had a discussion with the dev who's been looking into this. Could you please try this?

After all your OnStart rules, add “; Navigate(Screen1)”

kyle705
Level: Powered On

3. Collections and onStart not behaving well and failing with error Invalid Mashup Expression

Update: tried adding "Navigate(Main_Screen,None" but error still remains.

Seems like this does not work either. The expected behaviour still works fine in "Edit" mode. Still just "Play" mode it is not working.

I am convinced this issue relates to the Session details in "Play" (go to setting > session details). In "Play it states "PowerApps 3.18043.18". In App details (before "Play") it states my latest version is "3.18043.22".

Sos

Is there an update or workaround for this yet as my app is needed urgently and currently is does not work due to this error.

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

@kyle705 - Just updated my colleague that the suggested change isn't working. Will get back to you with more details soon.

cc: @erga

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Updates:

Latest: In order to mitigate this issue, please set the DataCard's Default property (DataCard.Default) to `Blank()` rather than `""`. What appears to be happening is that the empty string ("") is considered invalid, so it's being converted to a Number, which is 0. By explicitly setting it to the `Blank()` PowerApps function, a `null` value is assured. Please let us know if this helps mitigate the issue.

2. While trying to submit a form, the user gets this error “An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again”

Latest: Fix was deployed yesterday. Could ya'll please confirm if this works fine?

Latest: @kyle705 I've requested @erga to help you.

JakeG

Howdy,

I think it is working, I just submitted a form with the new version and it didn't give me an invalid error. Good work and thanks for the quick response.

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Thanks @JakeG for checking, and confirming. Glad, our team was able to help.

Happy PowerApp'ing Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shekz - The update is working for us - Thanks!

Highlighted
mzhang

Shekz,

Here is my test for your suggestion below:

Latest: In order to mitigate this issue, please set the DataCard's Default property (DataCard.Default) to `Blank()` rather than `""`. What appears to be happening is that the empty string ("") is considered invalid, so it's being converted to a Number, which is 0. By explicitly setting it to the `Blank()` PowerApps function, a `null` value is assured. Please let us know if this helps mitigate the issue.

The Blank() does work to set the field int to null in your new software release, thanks. I have one more request, the Blank() does not work to set the datetime field to null, do you have other syntax / trick to set the datetime field to null? This request has been posted a long time ago in PowerApps user community.

We (users) need the ability to set any fields with any datatypes to null, this is absolutely required for the development of the PowerApps applications!!!

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 442 members 5,321 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: