cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joema
Level: Powered On

Re: This PowerApp didn't install correctly. Please try again.

Hi @bilaldev1

From what I saw in the session, it seems the error was happening when the mobile client was talking to *.azureedge.net. Can you check if your network excludes the services listed on this link ? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config#required-services

Hi

What about an offline app ?

Does that mean installation must be done on a network allowing all these URLs ? We have the same issue as described here, installation is OK and running the app online is OK, but trying to run the app offline causes the issue with the same error message

Best regards

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

After you install the app while online it should open while offline.  Could you please share the session ID (menu > session details) of a session in which you ran into this issue?  Thanks!

Hi

Here is the ID

test.jpg

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

I'm unable to find this session. Could you please make sure to install the latest version of the PowerApps app from the Google Play store and open the app while online, then go offline and reopen the app and then share the session ID?  Thank you.

Hi Chris,

The app is up to date, here is the ID :

111111.jpg

It seems that, when offline, opening PowerApps then the app works fine BUT opening the app from a pined shortcut is throwing this issue...

Best regards

@Chris any update on that issue ?

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Best regards

NoumanQ
Level: Powered On

I am facing the same issue. It seems this issue is open since a long time.
My session id is following
Session ID: 751783c1-3846-4426-810e-f89f762b6a5c
PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

It seems your download of the app times out.  Do you have any large files embedded in your app?  Does this happen for any other apps (e.g. sample apps)?

Hi Chris

There's only a few collection in cache created by the app on first launch... No large files.

My customer don't have other apps following the same logic (working offline with cached data)

It is fully working when online or when launched from powerapps. But this issue is occuring when offline + using the shortcut placed on the desktop of the mobile... 

So, i just made other tests :

Offline, when using the shortcut created when the Phone was ONLINE, it triggers the issue

I created a shortcut when the phone was offline - the app icon is a default one - but it works.

@Chris : can you note that issue and plan a fix on Microsoft side ? This is annoying because people will use the shortcut and don't understand it's not working when offline. Creating a second shortcut dedicated to offline mode OR only the offline shortcut is not acceptable as the icon is not the app icon...

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 289 members 3,492 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: