cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alex51
Level: Powered On

Unable to connect to PowerApps (Android App)

Hello,

I'm IT technician and I try to create some PowerApps for my users.

It works fine on Web portal or with IOS devices but not with Android devices.

I have try with differents devices (Honor 8 / Samsung S7 / Samsung A5 2016), and I have a same issue.
To summarise the problem, when we sign in on an Android 7 devices, we get a page to enter email address (purple with Hello at the top), if I enter my email address " ******@forbo.com ", I have a screen with "Loading..." and after few seconds, I return to start page "Hello".
I can do nothing more.

However, I can use Outlook/OneDrive/SharePoint App on my device with my email address.

Could you help me please ?

Thanks in advance

Alexandre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff cherie
PowerApps Staff

Re: Unable to connect to PowerApps (Android App)

@Alex51, I took a look at your issue and I believe you are running into this issue described here: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3203929/using-adal-to-authenticate-from-android-devices-fai...

There are resolution steps available in the article.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Alex51,

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you tried to uninstall and re-install PowerApps Mobile on Android to check?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
harzicn

I am also testing some PowerApps connected to SharePoint online lists. I am unable to authenticate on my Motorola Moto smartphone running Android 7.0 (latest version at time of writing). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app various times and although I am directed to our sign-on page, when I click on 'work or schol account' option I am redirected to an error page.

Error details

• Activity ID: 660c6f64-9ee7-4f3b-96f3-02951c69c92a
  • Relying party: Microsoft Office 365 Identity Platform
  • Error time: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 09:31:10 GMT
  • Cookie: enabled
  • User agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3)

I would like to offer this solution to others to test, but I have to be sure they will be able to connect to the app. Is there anything else I need to do to get this working?

Alex51

Hello,

Yes, at each new version, I try to uninstall/reinstall but it doesn't work...

I tried to delete cache app too...

Regards

harzicn

This is a shame I really like the idea of this tool, but there is no way I can recommend this app to users if I cannot at least get it working for me. I guess I will have to stick with Infopath for the moment - even though it is not at all mobile friendly. I hope someone from the PowerApps team can recommend a way forward.

Alex51

New test today, with new version : same issue

Clean cache app / Uninstall / reinstall : same issue.

My login is: alexandre.patry@forbo.com

All is ok on web portal or iOS, but impossible on Android app. 

I have no answer from Microsoft team after 2 emails, one bad advise on play store "powerapps" and this topic...

I'm really disappointed !!! 

PowerApps Staff cherie
PowerApps Staff

Hi,

Sorry about the issues you are having. What sort of error do you get with the latest version of PowerApps? Can you let us know what version you are using?

Thanks

Cherie

TML
Level 8

I'm afraid I am not able to help you troubleshoot your issue, but I am able to offer that we can connect to our apps using Android devices (Samsung S8, Tab S2, etc.) using Android 7.  One thing it does make us do is to login in and select Work or School account, but then it takes me to our company's SSO login.  Once we complete that, we can interact with the apps just fine.  I hope this maybe gives you some hope or maybe an idea of something to try.

Alex51

Thank you for your answer.

As I said in my first message of this topic, I have an issue with PowerApps on Android devices. (all is ok with my account on web portal or iOS device).

I have a enterprise account (alexandre.patry@forbo.com) but I can't login with it on Android PowerApps.

I enter my email address as login and after click on "Connect", I have a loading screen then apps return to previous screen (with login prompt).

For information, my account use a SSO login.

And another information, I use this address with Outlook Android Apps ( and it's working)

I have tried with some differents versions, last version (2.0.713) too

I want create some powerapps for my company users but I need to solved this issue before.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TML
Level 8

I had version 2.0.706 and it worked fine but I just did an update and now am on version 2.0.713.  Below are the screen shots of the screens I had to go through to get logged in.  Make sure on the SSO page to use domain\username and not email format here.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 165 members 4,684 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: