cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update Sharepoint List with multiple items from PowerApps ( App to take order from customer)

Hi,

I am trying to build an app, which receives the order from the customer (for multile items) and then send an approval email and once approved, update in sharepoint list.

I tried creating a list in sharepoint first, then used it to create app and then created a flow, everything seems working fine but, I can update only item to the sharepoint list at a time from the app.

Cusotmer will place order for multiple items at time. So is there a way to create ap, which can take multiple item orders and then send an approval email and then update the same in sharepoint list.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update Sharepoint List with multiple items from PowerApps ( App to take order from customer)

Hi SurendharV,

I guess you have a flow to send approval email when an item is created in SharePoint list.

1.png

However, as far as I know, currently the flow runs when an item is created, so it might be not possible to take multiple items at a time and send an approval email.

May I suggest you submit an idea at Flow Ideas Forum, hope PGs will take it into consideration in the future releases:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update Sharepoint List with multiple items from PowerApps ( App to take order from customer)

Thanks for the reply, I did raise the request.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Update-Sharepoint-List-with-multiple-items-from-Power...

One more thing, I checked out few tempaltes from Powerapps, One particular app ( Invoice Management) is similar to my expectaion, but then it uses Common Data Service to strore data. What I need is similar to that, but to do in Sharepoint list.

MelindaK
Level 8

Hi,

Not sure if this will help you entirely, but I have had a similar scenario for creating multiple items for one order placed by a user, except that I didn't need Flow.

I have managed to achieve this by collecting each item at a time in a collection, and then using ForAll and Patch to submit the items to the SharePoint list.

Let me know if you need more details Smiley Happy 

Cheers,

MelindaK

MelindaK
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MelindaK,

That would work for me. Kindly let me know how to do it, as I am a novice here. Thanks.

MelindaK
Level 8

So in my case I have created a screen where I have used dropdowns and text boxes to create a custom form (not the default form from Edit items from SharePoint list). Here I have an "Add to Order" button which collects the information from each control and puts it in a local Collection. I achieve this using the collect function on OnSelect:

Collect(Collection_Name, {item_name: item_value, ...}); - where I have an item for each column in the SharePoint list

Once the user is happy with the order, it will press next to go to the submit screen when I am displaying the items from the Collection using a Gallery so that they have a visual indication of what they have selected to order and once they are ready they press the submit button which uses the For All and Patch functions on OnSelect:

ForAll(Collection_Name, Patch(List_Name, Defaults('List_Name'), {column_name: item_name, column_name: item_name, ..}); - where the column_name is the SharePoint column internal name and item_name is the item name from the collection.

Once the items are created I call the Clear(Collection_Name) function to clear the collection.

Be aware that it does take some time to submit the items, for me it takes about 40-60 seconds to submit 4-5 items.

EDIT: I have remembered that I have also found the solution by asking the question on the forum, have a look at that as well:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Create-many-SharePoint-list-items/m-p/11228#M497...

Hope this helps Smiley Happy 

MelindaK
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks.Was able to update the sharepoint list, with ur reply. But still trying to figure out  a way to send approval email. If i send approval email each item an item is createdin sharepoint list,then it will be a lot of emails at once.

Highlighted
MelindaK
Level 8

Hi,

I'm glad you have managed to do it. Unfortunatelly, I don't know any solution for sending your emails Smiley Sad

Maybe someone else around here will be able to help you.

Regards,

MelindaK

MelindaK

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 4,810 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: