cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ryan_Kocher
Level: Powered On

Upload a document to a SharePoint List in PowerApps

Hi All, I am trying to upload a document to a SharePoint List using a PowerApp. I know that the camera function works within PowerApps, but I would like to attach a screenshot, or an actual document (PDF, PNG, or Word). Users will primarily use this app in the Web view and would be uploading screenshots taken on their computers. 

Ideas:

• Use the attachment control and to upload a document to a collection, then to patch that collection over to a SharePoint List.
  • Use Microsoft Flow - Upload a file to SharePoint from PowerApps
    • However, I would like to note that this flow only works with Camera Pictures.  

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EnergiserFlow

Re: Upload a document to a SharePoint List in PowerApps

Hi Ryan,

I encountered a similar issue with one of my apps I built for my workplace. PowerApps seems to have a few issues with patching attachments over, and using a dual set up with Flow isn't the prettiest of solutions.

What I did was used the Edit Form feature within PowerApps, and linked that to the relevant SharePoint list. 

For every text/number/whatever field you want populated in SharePoint, I set the default values of the form to the text input fields I already had within PowerApps, and then hid their visibility. The only field I had left visibile in the form was the attachments field - this works perfectly when submitting the form.

So in short - use Forms! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EnergiserFlow

Hi Ryan,

I encountered a similar issue with one of my apps I built for my workplace. PowerApps seems to have a few issues with patching attachments over, and using a dual set up with Flow isn't the prettiest of solutions.

What I did was used the Edit Form feature within PowerApps, and linked that to the relevant SharePoint list. 

For every text/number/whatever field you want populated in SharePoint, I set the default values of the form to the text input fields I already had within PowerApps, and then hid their visibility. The only field I had left visibile in the form was the attachments field - this works perfectly when submitting the form.

So in short - use Forms! 

View solution in original post

PytByt

@EnergiserFlow wrote:

Hi Ryan,

So in short - use Forms! 

Hi @EnergiserFlow 

can you please share and show us the formula you use and to what properties it has? 

please excuse for my noobility in powerapps.

thanks,

pytbyt

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 331 members 1,932 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: